This Paleo Nut-Free Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread is rich, moist, and so chocolatey! It tastes like a decadent dessert, but made healthy! Gluten free, dairy free, and naturally sweetened.
It is zucchini season and I don’t have nearly enough recipes on my site. Last year I made a super delicious Paleo Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread that is a must make if you’re not nut-free.
Speaking of nut-free- it is not easy baking nut-free! Or maybe I just haven’t gotten the hang of it, but I’ve had some recipe fails lately. Cassava flour definitely isn’t like almond flour which I’m used to baking with. But that’s okay, I like learning especially when I know it’s needed. I get so many requests for nut-free recipes so I’m trying to be conscious of that. This recipe was not a fail though! It’s a win in every way possible! So if you are new to nut-free baking this recipe is great to try!
Nut-free or not, this bread is delicious! It’s so moist and dense and almost like a cross between a brownie and chocolate cake. The texture is perfect and I promise no one will know there is shredded zucchini in there! I could not spot one speck of green so I’m totally confident of that.
This bread is super easy to make! All the ingredients are mixed together in one bowl and it’s ready for the oven in under 10 minutes. When it bakes it will fill your house with the amazing scent of chocolate cake- yum!
Is anything that is double chocolate ever bad? I don’t think so. This uses cacao powder and then chocolate chips, both mixed in and on top. The top ones are what really make this loaf so pretty!
Here is the pan I use. It’s 8.5×4.5 so a little smaller than a 9×5. I like that it makes the loaf taller. A 9×5 will work, but baking time may need to be reduced by a couple minutes.
Look at that slice!! You will love this bread because it is easy, delicious, and a great way to use that zucchini!
Here are a couple more nut-free recipes: Paleo No-Bake Nut-Free SunButter Chocolate Bars and Paleo Almond Butter Blondies (with SunButter option).
Here are a couple more zucchini recipes: Paleo Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread and Paleo Whole30 Chicken Zucchini Meatballs.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Nut-Free Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup ghee, melted
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups packed shredded zucchini about 1 large
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips divided
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 8.5×4.5 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cassava flour, cacao powder, coconut sugar, salt, and baking soda. Mix well.
- Add in the eggs, ghee, coconut oil, and vanilla and mix until combined. Add in the zucchini and stir until evenly mixed. Fold in half the chocolate chips and scoop mixture into prepared pan. Top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. Let the bread cool 10-15 minutes before cutting.
- Can be kept at room temperate for 1 day, then best if stored in the fridge. Also freezes well.
- Here is the pan I use. It’s 8.5×4.5 so a little smaller than a 9×5. I like that it makes the loaf taller. A 9×5 will work, but baking time may need to be reduced by a couple minutes.
Leave a Comment