These Paleo Vegan Shortbread Lemonades are a copycat version of the popular Girl Scout cookie. Made with just 6 ingredients and so delicious! Gluten free, dairy free, egg free, and naturally sweetened.
I shared my Paleo Vegan Samoa Cookies last week and I asked on Instagram what other cookies I need to recreate. I got an overwhelming response to the Lemonade Girl Scout cookie. It’s one I personally have not tried so I looked it up and it’s described as a lemon shortbread cookie. That’s not too hard!
The frist batch was perfect, but I tried adding a glaze and it made them soft. The flavor was good, but shortbread needs to be crunchy. So I remade them and left off the glaze and they’re perfect. They really don’t need the glaze, they have great lemon flavor even without it.
Vegan and Egg Free
These are incredibly easy to make! Shortbread is one of my favorites and this is no different. Almond flour, coconut flour, maple syrup, coconut oil, and lemon zest and juice. That’s it! Roll it out, cut into circles and bake until crunchy. There are no eggs used and no dairy either making them vegan- yay!
These are melt in your mouth good! They have a nice crunch, but still slightly soft in the center. The lemon flavor adds freshness and makes it feel light. They are not overly sweet so they would pair perfectly with some tea or coffee.
I think you will love this healthy version of the popular cookie. A lot of people said their kids loved this cookie, so I hope you try them and your kids love them.
Here are my other Girl Scout copycat recipes: Paleo Vegan Samoa Cookies, Paleo Thin Mint Cookies, Paleo Tagalong Cookies
Here are the tools I used to make these easy. The zester and cookie cutter.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Vegan Shortbread Lemonades
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- zest 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, maple syrup, coconut oil, salt, lemon zest and juice. Mix well until no dry spots remain. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Remove from the fridge and preheat the oven to 300°. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place a piece of parchment or wax paper on the counter. Roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thick as evenly as possible. Using a 2 inch round cookie cutter, cut cookies out and place on the sheet tray. Keep recollecting and re-rolling the dough as many times as possible. I got 22 cookies from the dough. They can be places close to each other on the sheet tray since they won’t spread.
- Bake 25-27 minutes, until edges are lightly browned. Let cool and they will get crunchy.
Leave a Comment