These Paleo Vegan Strawberry Lemon Bars are soft, full of lemon flavor with fresh strawberries folded in. They are gluten free, dairy free and naturally sweetened.
These bars are the perfect summer treat! Bursting with lemon flavor and a bonus of strawberries added. The combo is so good and I know you’ll love them!
Making paleo lemon bars
These bars are super easy to make. I use maple sugar in these because it’s light in color, but coconut sugar will work great if that’s what you have. The bars may just be a little darker in color, but the taste will still be great. Lemon zest and juice is added for maximum lemon flavor and then fresh strawberries are folded in. The strawberries should be diced so they distribute evenly.
This strawberry glaze or frosting is so delicious! The base is coconut butter which I use for a lot of my desserts. It is hard at room temperature so pop it in the microwave for about a minute and stir it good before measuring. Combine that with a strawberry for flavor and color, a little maple syrup and lemon juice of course. The result is a tangy and sweet glaze the pairs perfectly with the bars.
Storing the cookie bars
These are best kept in the fridge. Like most paleo baked goods, they will go bad quickly if not stored chilled. These especially get soft after about an hour at room temperature. They last up to 10 days in the fridge though and are delicious cold.
I know you will love these paleo vegan strawberry lemon bars because they’re simple to make, fresh and so delicious! Here are some more lemon recipes to enjoy:
- Paleo Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
- Vegan Paleo Lemon Cheesecake Cookie Cups
- Paleo Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies
- Vegan Paleo Lemon Poppy Seed Bites
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Vegan Strawberry Lemon Bars
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2/3 cup maple sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Zest of 3 lemons
- 1/4 cup lemon juice 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 cup diced strawberries
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1 large strawberry
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons water if needed
- Dash salt
- Preheat the oven to 325° and line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper.
- Make the bars. In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, maple sugar, and salt. Stir well. Add in the coconut oil, lemon zest and juice, and maple syrup. Mix well until dough is formed. Gently fold in the strawberries until just mixed. Scoop into the prepared pan, spread evenly and bake for 30 minutes. Let cool before glazing.
- Make the glaze. First make sure the coconut butter is smooth and creamy. If it's hard, heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds and then stir well. Combine coconut butter, strawberry, maple syrup, lemon juice, and water in a small blender and blend until smooth. Pour over cooled bars and place in the fridge to set.
- These are best stored covered in the fridge up to 10 days.
Leave a Comment