These Tart Cherry Granola Bites are grain free and so delicious! A great no-bake snack that is easy. Gluten free, vegan, dairy free, and naturally sweetened.
This post is sponsored on behalf of Montmorency US Tart Cherries and the Feedfeed. All opinions are 100% my own, of course! Thank you for supporting brands that help make Real Food with Jessica possible!
Why Montmorency Tart Cherries Make a Great Snack
Montmorency Tart Cherries have a unique sour/sweetness to them that make them great for adding to granola, salads, breads and cookie bars. They are grown in the U.S., so when you see Montmorency you know you're helping support American agriculture and preserve generations-old family farms.
You won't find Montmorency tart cherries in the produce section, but that doesn't mean they aren't fresh. They are picked at the peak of ripeness and dried, frozen, canned, or juiced to deliver a delicious product year round.
Grain Free and Vegan Snack
These use nuts and coconut as the base, so they are all grain free. They are naturally sweetened with maple syrup and the almond butter helps hold them together. Since there are no animal products used, it makes them vegan as well.
- Shredded Coconut- you could possibly use more nuts
- Nuts- use any kind you like or have on hand. I used a bag of raw nuts that had almonds, cashews, and pecans.
- Flax meal- this really helps hold the bites together. You could possibly use chia seeds in place of it if you want, but don't leave it out all together.
- Almond butter- another nut butter will work great here. Cashew, pecan, or sunflower butter would be great.
- Coconut oil- this is needed to help hold the bites together. Since it firms in the fridge, another oil can't really be used. Ghee may work (not vegan) since it also gets hard in the fridge.
- Maple syrup- honey would also work, but they would no longer be vegan. You can't use a dry sweetener like coconut sugar because they wouldn't be wet enough to hold together.
I think you will love these Tart Cherry Granola Bites. They are simple to make and so satisfying. The tart cherries are such a delicious addition to the crunchy bites.
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id="znQG32ms" upload-date="2020-04-28T12:52:07.000Z" name="Tart Cherry Granola Bites Revised Square" description="null" player-type="default" override-embed="default"]
Tart Cherry Granola Bites
- Blend nuts and coconut in a food processor until mixture is crumbly and similar in size. You can blend it a little more for not as much texture. Pour into a large bowl and add salt and flax meal.
- Melt the almond butter and coconut oil together until smooth. Add in the maple syrup and dried Montmorency tart cherries and stir. Pour over the dry mixture and mix well. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to chill. Roll into 1 tablespoon balls. Store in the fridge.
- Makes 27 bites