This Garlicky Shrimp is so easy to make and so delicious! 7 ingredients and less than 20 minutes until you will be eating these flavorful shrimp! Paleo, Whole30, gluten free, and dairy free.
I’m excited to be sharing a recipe from Paleo Planet– a cookbook written by Becky Winkler, the blogger behind A Calculated Whisk. The book is amazing and full of so many recipes that range from unique to familiar- all packed with flavor. I have so many recipes marked that I want to try and have even made a few already. The book is broken up by category (beef, seafood, veggies) and there is even a whole chapter on spice blends and sauces. I think that is awesome because those can be the foundation of an amazing dish.
Each recipe has a little spot where Becky describes the dish and what inspired her to make it. I love that it’s so personal and you feel like she’s taking you on a culinary journey. She does great at explaining dishes that aren’t as popular, making them sound irresistible and describing them in a way that makes you want to try them. Every recipe has a beautiful picture which makes it so nice to know what the end result will look like.
I’ve already tried the Moroccan Beef with Apricots and Dates, the Chicken (so much flavor!!), Prosciutto, & Sage Roulades (easy and so good!) and of course, this Shrimp.
Here are the other recipes I can’t wait to try:
- Skillet “Cornbread”
- Braised Chicken with Leeks & Scallions
- Double Salsa Slow-Cooker Chicken
- Ribeye Steak with Chimichurri
- Honey Chipotle Short Ribs
- Swedish Meatballs
- Pork and Sweet Basil Stir-fry
- Broiled Salmon with Ginger-Orange Sauce
- Millionaire’s Shortbread
- Mexican Brownies
Now, a little bit about these Garlicky Shrimp. Garlicky is a great description- 10 cloves are used (!!!), but it pairs perfectly with the shrimp and is not overpowering. I wore gloves while cutting it all and I recommend you do the same. It’s so much easier than washing your hands 20 times trying to get the smell off.
This is listed under the appetizer section of the book, and I totally agree that it would make an awesome appetizer. But I also think it makes a great quick dinner. Serve with some veggies and you have a healthy, fast meal.
HERE is where you can buy this great cookbook. It’s definitely a good one to have in your collection with lots of creative dishes. I have been so happy with all the recipes I’ve tried and I know you will love them too!
Garlicky Shrimp (Paleo and Whole30)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 pound large or jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined, tails removed if desired
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until softened but not browned. About 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp in a single layer, raise the heat to medium-high, and sprinkle on the salt, pepper, paprika, and cayenne.
- Cook until the shrimp turn pink on the bottom, 2-3 minutes.
- Flip and cook until the shrimp are opaque throughout, another 2-3 minutes. Serve hot.