This Paleo Whole30 Greek Chicken Salad is loaded with so much flavor and is a complete meal in a bowl! Healthy, low FODMAP, low carb and incredibly delicious!
Photos updated May 2019, recipe is the same
Salad gets a reputation for being boring, tasteless and unable to keep you full. Well, this is exactly opposite of that! It is packed with so many tasty veggies-> kalamata olives, cucumber, tomatoes, bell peppers, and green onion then topped with a simple yet flavorful dressing. And the protein from the chicken will keep you full and satisfied.
This salad is amazing and I even managed to keep it low FODMAP. It’s hard to imagine a greek meal- in all it’s garlic glory- containing no actual garlic. But garlic oil came to the rescue and added that much loved flavor.
It has a super simple dressing that is also the chicken marinade. Enough is made to marinate the chicken and drizzle over everything. I always think homemade dressings are hard, but they aren’t! This one only has 7 ingredients and you probably have them all in your cupboard and fridge right now.
This is a great meal to make ahead for the week because it packs so well. We ate it with the chicken hot the first time and cold the second time and both are equally delicious.
This does require a little bit of chopping veggies, but nothing you wouldn’t be used to if you eat salads regularly. You can use the time that the chicken is marinating to chop them all which mean this meal can be ready in just over 30 minutes.
Another great thing about this salad is that there is barely any cooking involved. Just the short time the chicken cooks on the stove top, making it perfect for the hot summer when you don’t want to turn the oven on or heat up the house.
Paleo Whole30 Greek Chicken Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds organic chicken breast
- 3 romaine hearts, washed and chopped
- 1 pint organic cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1 english cucumber, chopped
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 green onion, chopped about 1 bunch, green parts only*
- avocado if desired*
- If chicken breast are large, pound them out to make more even or slice in half horizontally. Place them in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a measuring cup, combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic oil, coconut vinegar, salt, pepper, and oregano. Whisk to combine. Pour 1/2 cup of the mixture into a jar to be used to the dressing and pour the remaining mixture over the chicken.
- Marinade chicken for 30 minutes or up to overnight. You can use that time to cut the veggies if that's not already prepped.
- Place the cut romaine in a bowl (or bowls) and top with all the veggies.
- Once chicken is ready to cook, heat up a skillet over medium heat and add the chicken with some of the marinade to the pan. Cook 3-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Cut into strips and place on the salad.
This recipe was inspired by Cafe Delites