This Paleo Chicken Fajita Bowl is a healthy complete meal. Loaded with veggies and juicy chicken and easy to make. Whole30 compliant as well.
I’m always trying to think of new recipes and ways to eat chicken. I admit- it can be boring and flavorless, not this recipe though! Once I made this meal for the third time, I knew I needed to blog about it! It is just so good and easy, too. The chicken is moist and packed with spice, the peppers and onions are tender and juicy, and the creamy avocado balances it all out.
I cut the chicken, peppers, and onions small because I wanted it to be easy to eat, but you could definitely cut them into strips like traditional fajitas.
I know the ingredient list may seem a little longer than usual (I like to keep things as simple as possible), but that’s mostly dry seasonings that you probably already have. I actually like to make a big batch of that and keep it on hand to use so I don’t have to measure each time.
I served it over Romaine Lettuce, but it would also be so good over cauliflower rice. The chicken and peppers produce a “sauce” while cooking, so I didn’t think any dressing was necessary. Some salsa would be delicious though or make that avocado into guacamole to add moisture.
You will love this delicious, easy meal! It comes together quickly, in under 30 minutes, and is so satisfying!
Looking for more quick, healthy meals? Here is my Paleo Chicken Salad and Paleo Tuna Salad.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Chicken Fajita Bowl
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken cut into bit size pieces
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- In a small bowl, combine the oregano, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, cumin, and parsley. Mix well.
- Place 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a fry pan and add the chicken and half of the seasoning mix. Cook until chicken is done, stirring often- about 7 minutes. Remove to a bowl or plate.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of coconut oil and add the onion and peppers to the pan. Sprinkle the remaining seasoning mix on them and cook until tender- about 8-10 minutes.
- Serve chicken, peppers, and onions over Romaine lettuce or cauliflower rice, top with avocado if desired.
Leave a Comment