These paleo easy chicken nuggets are crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside. So simple to make and gluten free, dairy free with a nut free option.
These happened by accident when my boyfriend and I were discussing what to have for dinner one weekend and the idea kept evolving until we landed on this. And honestly, I wasn't expecting it to be that good, but we both loved them and talked about having to make them again. I've made them three times since and currently have some in the freezer for when the craving strikes next.
Easy to make nuggets
I have a couple nugget/tender recipes on my site already, but these are different because they're made with ground chicken which not only gives them the classic nugg texture, but also make the breading way easier. Just dip in the crumbs, no need for an egg or anything. They only take 15 minutes to bake, making them great for weeknight meals and they freeze great too for prepping ahead. These are truly the best.
I have used a few different types of breading for these and they all work great. Simple Mills crackers, Siete tortilla chips and Good Crisps BBQ chips. Really any chip or cracker you love, just blend it up and use. These can be nut free if you choose a nut free breading. The breading can be made and covered up to a few days ahead if you want the meal to come together even quicker.
Reheating the nuggets
These are best reheated in the oven or air fryer. I air fried them for 5-7 at 375° and I think it would be about 10-12 minutes in the same temp oven. That will keep the breading crispy.
Dipping Sauce for Nuggets
I think the best dip for nuggets is honey or, a recent discovery, hot honey! The sweet and savory go so well and then that touch of heat- the best! Of course you can use bbq sauce, ranch, honey mustard, or ketchup.
Thank my boyfriend. Thank me. For when you try these and have your mind blown at how delicious and nostalgic they are! These paleo easy chicken nuggets are sure to become a family favorite. Here are more easy chicken recipes.
- Paleo Whole30 Chicken Tenders
- Whole30 Paleo Air Fryer Breaded Chicken
- Paleo Chicken Bites
- Whole30 Ranch Chicken Bites
Paleo Easy Chicken Nuggets
- Preheat the oven to 415° and line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Blend the crackers or chips and place in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, salt, egg and coconut flour. Mix well until fully combined. Using a tablespoon, scoop out balls and form into nugget shapes. Dip well into the crumb mixture, coating all sides, and place on the sheet tray. Repeat until all the meat is gone, it should make 30 nuggets. Throw away any left over crumb mixture.
- Spray with some coconut oil or olive oil spray lightly and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with dipping sauce of choice.