These Paleo Chicken Nuggets are easy, so delicious, and the perfect quick dinner! Gluten free, dairy free, nut free, egg free and so crispy!
Pickle Juice Brine
I have seen many recipes for copy-cat Chick-fil-A chicken nuggets. One really interesting part of them is the soak in pickle juice- it may sound weird, but it totally works. It makes the nuggets so juicy and full of flavor. Once I made one batch in pickle juice I had the idea to use jalapeño juice, that turned out to be a great idea! It isn't spicy, it just has a little different flavor and is so good. I highly recommend trying it with jalapeño juice.
Making the nuggets
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces. Place in the pickle juice for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Drain and pat dry. Toss in the coconut flour mixture and pan fry.
- Serve hot!
Using coconut flour keeps these gluten free as well as nut free. These fit so many dietary needs while still being so delicious! I also have an easy paleo chicken nugget recipe that uses ground chicken for a more classic remake of the fast-food version.
You will love how quick, easy, and delicious these paleo chicken nuggets are! Crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside. They make for a delicious snack, appetizer, or even a kid-friendly meal that everyone can enjoy.
Paleo Chicken Nuggets
- In a large bowl, combine chicken and juice and let marinade for 30 minutes.
- Drain the juice and pat the chicken dry with paper towel.
- Add the coconut flour, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne. Toss to coat the chicken evenly.
- Heat the lard in a skillet over medium heat.
- Place half the chicken in the pan and fry 3 minutes, flip and fry another 3 minutes.
- Remove chicken and repeat with remaining chicken.
- Serve with ketchup, honey mustard, or honey. The last two not being Whole30.