This Paleo Whole30 Three Meat Chili is packed with flavor! Sausage, bacon, and beef combine to make a hearty and delicious meal. Gluten free, dairy free and sure to become a family favorite.
You can never have too many chili recipes, am I right? I have this Easy Paleo Chili that is super popular and this Paleo Chili Cornbread Pie. Both are good for their own reasons and this one is very different.
I made this in the Instant Pot and on the stove-top so both instructions are included. I of course love the Instant Pot and always will choose that method, but I know not everyone owns one and this is too good of a recipe to not make.
This chili is obviously full of flavor. The slight smokiness from the bacon, all the spice from the sausage, and then the chili powder to round it all out. I choose a mild sausage, but you could even use a spicy one for more heat. As-is, it’s very family friendly.
One very important fact about this chili is you need to read ingredients. I used Italian sausage and that can come with a lot of unwanted ingredients like sugar or preservatives. I found one at Whole Foods that has great ingredients and no sugar. The same goes with the bacon- no sugar added and no nitrates. This is getting easier to find, but again Whole Foods always has some. My local Meijer also carries Applegate brand which is so convenient.
This bean-free chili has all of the heartiness and flavor of bean chili, with none of the unwanted discomfort and side effects 😉 I is great by itself, but feel free to serve it with some zucchini noodles or over a white or sweet potato. So many options!
If you are looking for a chili that is easy and that everyone will love, this is it! Hearty, flavorful, and so delicious! Enjoy!
Paleo Whole30 Three Meat Chili
- 12 oz nitrate free bacon, cut into small pieces *
- 1 pound ground italian sausage* or removed from casing
- 1 pound grass-fed beef
- 3 14.5 oz cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped (or frozen)
- 6 tablespoons chili powder*
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
Instant Pot Instructions
- Add the bacon to the pot and hit the "saute" button. Cook until mostly crispy, stirring regularly. About 8 minutes.
- Add in the sausage and beef and cook until browned, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks. This should take about 7 minutes. Hit the "cancel" button.
- Add in the onions, peppers, tomatoes, tomato paste, chili powder, garlic powder and salt. Stir and then place the lid on. make sure the valve is closed, hit the "manual" button and reduce to 10 minutes. Once done cooking, manual release the pressure. Hit "cancel" and release the valve.
Stove Top Instructions
- In a large stock pot add the bacon. Cook over medium heat, stirring regularly, until the bacon is mostly crisp- about 8 minutes. Add in the sausage and beef and cook until browned, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks. This should take about 7 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, peppers, onion, chili powder, garlic powder and salt. Stir, reduce heat to low, cover and let cook 20-25 minutes. Until the veggies are tender.