This Paleo Cornbread Chili Pie is easy, super delicious, and hearty. A simple chili topped with a buttery, slightly sweet cornbread that all cooks together and makes one tasty casserole.
Chili and cornbread have always gone hand-in-hand for me so I thought a chili pie would be a super fun idea. It turned out so delicious, hearty and a meal I know I’ll be making over and over. I have to give credit to my friend Jeannie for the chili recipe. I first saw the recipe on her site and made it so many times- especially those busy nights where I needed dinner quick. It’s a delicious recipe on it’s own and Whole30 using ingredients with no added sugar.
This paleo cornbread is slightly sweet and buttery- just like traditional cornbread. It actually contains no corn or cornmeal, but the texture is exactly the same. It pairs perfectly with the flavorful savory chili. Now this chili couldn’t be easier! Meat+pasta sauce+salsa+chili powder….that’s it! And it’s so delicious! Of course check labels on the pasta sauce and salsa for hidden sugars and oils. I like DeLallo pasta sauce and Field Day Organic salsa- both are Whole30 compliant.
One key ingredient is the ghee. I’ve tried a few brands that I like, but I must say I am super impressed with Thrive Market’s Ghee. I discovered Thrive Market through a fellow blogger over a year ago and was instantly hooked! If you eat paleo/whole30 then you know it can be expensive to grocery shop! They not only make it easy, but the prices are so great! I’ve talked about them before and how great they are and now they are kind enough to offer all my readers (you!) a free jar of Ghee if you’re a new customer. You will love it- I promise! Their ghee is not only delicious, but grass-fed, pasture raised, and lactose free. I love their commitment to quality while still maintaining a low price. **This deal is over, but CLICK HERE for 20% off your first 3 orders with them!
Of course I have some other recipes using ghee in case you need some more inspiration. My popular Paleo Lemon Butter Chicken that I’ve made countless times, Paleo Baked Buffalo wings– perfect for game day, Paleo Corn Dog Muffins– so delicious and kid friendly, and Paleo Nilla Wafers– buttery and sweet.
You will love this chili pie because it is simple, satisfying, and a meal the whole family will love.
And don’t forget- CLICK HERE for 25% off your first order on Thrive Market.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Cornbread Chili Pie
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 16 oz jar salsa
- 1 24 24 oz jar marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup melted ghee
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 6 eggs room temperature
- 1 cup almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 325° and grease a 13×9 pan. Set aside.
- In a large pan, brown beef, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks. Once it is fully cooked, add the salsa, marinara sauce, and chili powder. Stir and let cook for 5-10 minutes.
- While the chili is simmering, make the cornbread.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix well.
- Add the ghee, coconut oil, honey, eggs, and cashew milk. Stir well until mixture is well combined and no dry lumps remain.
- Pour chili in the 13×9 and spread it evenly.
- Scoop the cornbread mixture on top of the chili, spreading it out as much as possibly to completely cover it. It is best to work in small amounts to ensure even coverage.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until the edges are slightly brown and the center is set.
Leave a Comment