These Paleo Vegan Cranberry Crumb Bars are simple to make and so delicious! A shortbread crust, thick layer of cranberry sauce and then a delicious crumb topping. They are gluten free, dairy free and naturally sweetened.
These cranberry crumb bars are perfect for the holiday season. Using fresh cranberries made into a simple sauce and paired with shortbread and crumb topping. The shortbread is my tried and true, much loved recipe that couldn’t be easier. It’s melt-in-your-mouth good, especially combined with fruit.
I’ve made a few versions of these crumb bars and they’re always a hit! I have Raspberry, Blueberry, and Apple Pie versions that are all good in their own ways. This is a winter version that still has nice freshness.
I used leftover Paleo Cranberry Sauce for these which is a fun way to use up leftovers. It uses almost a whole batch and even if you make the sauce just for these bars, they are super easy and quick. The cranberry filling only has 3 ingredients and is ready in 15 minutes. You of course can use any cranberry sauce you love, just make sure it’s pretty thick.
These are best kept in the fridge so they can be enjoyed hand held. They are a little soft at room temperature, but could be enjoyed that way with a fork. I always like to keep my paleo treats in the fridge so they stay good longer. They are good cold though, so no worries!
I have a feeling this will be well loved in your house. A fun, healthy dessert everyone can enjoy.
Paleo Vegan Cranberry Crumb Bars
- 1 1/4 cups cranberry sauce
- 1/4 shortbread mixture from the crust
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 9 inch square pan with parchment paper. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt, vanilla, maple syrup, and coconut oi. Stir together until it is well mixed and everything is incorporated evenly. Press 3/4 of the mixture (the other 1/4 will be used for the topping) into the bottom of the pan and bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown around the edges.
- While the base is cooking, make the filling if not already made. See notes for more instructions.
- Once the base is cooked let cool 5 minutes. While that is cooling add chopped pecans to the remaining shortbread dough.
- Spread the cranberry sauce on the base then sprinkle the dough/pecan mixture evenly on top as evenly as possible. Press down gently to make sure it stays in place. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool and store in fridge.