This Paleo Whole30 Easy Cranberry Sauce comes together quickly and is so tasty. Made with just 3 ingredients and sweetened only with fruit. This is a must for your Thanksgiving table!
Let’s talk cranberry sauce. It’s so traditional and people grew up with different kinds- possibly the gel from a can, or maybe your grandma’s homemade. I will say that you should try homemade before deciding you don’t like it. It adds just the right amount of sweetness to pair with the turkey.
The easiest side dish
Out of all the side dishes, and of course the turkey, this is the easiest to make. Take the 15 minutes and make it a day or two in advance and you’ll be all set on the big day. It’s best served cold or room temperature, so it’s the perfect thing to make ahead!
To blend or not to blend
This is a super simple step that you can choose to do or not. Just a quick blend with an immersion blender makes creamy, smooth sauce. OR leave as-is with the chunks. This is totally personal preference. I think the smooth version tastes a little sweeter since the dates are evenly distributed, but the chunky one was still sweet.
I tried sweetening this with only orange juice and it was really bad. Cranberries are so tart that they definitely need lots of sweetness added. That’s why recipes usually call for lots of sugar. I decided to try dates and they worked so good! They add sweetness and you can’t taste them, just the sweetness they add.
I think you will love this simple cranberry sauce. This is a great plain recipe so feel free to add any spices as desired. I like it pure, but know some recipes call for orange zest, cinnamon, cloves, etc. It’s your dish, make it how you love it!
Here are my other Thanksgiving recipes:
- Paleo Whole30 Roasted Turkey
- Paleo Whole30 Mashed Potatoes
- Paleo Whole30 Green Bean Casserole
- Paleo Sweet Potato Casserole
- Paleo Whole30 Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Paleo Whole30 10 Minute Gravy
- Paleo Pumpkin Pie Bars
- Paleo Vegan Caramel Apple Crisp
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Whole30 Easy Cranberry Sauce
- 1 12oz bag cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
- Pick through the cranberries and remove any that are mushy or have stems. Place the remaining ones in a large sauce pan with the orange juice, dates, and salt.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring regularly, until all the cranberries have popped. This will take about 12 minutes.
- Add water to get desired consistency. Cool and then store in the fridge. Makes about 1 1/2 cups of sauce.
Leave a Comment