These Paleo Vegan Pumpkin Swirl Brownies are so rich, delicious, and easy to make! They are gluten free, dairy free, egg free, vegan, nut free, and naturally sweetened.
This post is sponsored on behalf of SunButter. All opinions are 100% my own, of course! Thank you for supporting brands that help make Real Food with Jessica possible!
You can never have too many brownie recipes especially when they include a pumpkin swirl! These are fudgy, dense, and perfectly spiced. These are not overly pumpkin-y even with it added to the brownie and swirled on top. Chocolate is definitely the dominant flavor with a little subtle pumpkin that balances it perfectly.
Egg Free, Nut Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan
With so many “frees” you make think these taste gross or weird, but that’s not the case at all. Pumpkin is a great egg replacer so that helps hold them together. Using SunButter keeps them nut free and with the use of cacao powder no flour is needed. They are still sweet and delicious and you will love them!
These are easy to make. The brownies are a mix of pumpkin, No Sugar Added SunButter, cacao powder, and some sweetener. Probably stuff you already have on hand. Even if you don’t NEED these to be vegan, they’re nice for those times you run out of eggs but want to bake. I know that happens with me anyway.
The pumpkin swirl is pumpkin, of course, a little more SunButter and some sweetener. It is a little thick and takes some work to swirl, but a few times back and forth makes a pretty design and it’s worth it.
It’s kind of hard to see the swirl from the top, but this picture shows the pumpkin layer. It is so creamy and good! The pumpkin and SunButter make these so moist and delicious! I love the No Sugar Added SunButter with just 2 ingredients: sunflower seeds and salt. That way I control all the sweetness.
Here are some more pumpkin recipes you may like: Paleo Pumpkin Coffee Cake, Paleo Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake, and Paleo Pumpkin Blondies.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Vegan Pumpkin Swirl Brownies
- 1 cup No Sugar Added SunButter
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pumpin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup cacao powder, sifted if chunky
- 1/3 cup dairy free mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup No Sugar Added SunButter
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 325° and line a 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, make the brownies. Combine SunButter, pumpkin, maple syrup, coconut sugar, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir well. Add in the cacao powder and mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and scoop into the prepared pan. Mixture will be thick. Spread as evenly as possible.
- In a small bowl make the swirl topping. Combine the pumpkin, maple syrup, SunButter, and pumpkin spice. Stir until smooth and drop spoonfuls on top of the brownies. Space evenly apart and then, using a butter knife, swirl the mixture with the brownies. You may need to go back and forth a couple times to swirl evenly.
- Bake 25-27 minutes. Don’t over bake or they won’t be as fudgy.
- Keep any leftovers covered in the fridge.
Leave a Comment