These Paleo Snickerdoodle Blondie Bars are quick, easy and so delicious! All the flavors of a snickerdoodle cookie, made in bar form. Gluten free, dairy free, and naturally sweetened.
This post is sponsored on behalf of Bob’s Red Mill. All opinions are 100% my own, of course! Thank you for supporting brands that help make Real Food with Jessica possible!
I love making cookies and the Easy Paleo Snickerdoodles are easy, but nothing is easier than bar cookies. The dough is mixed up quick, pressed into a pan and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. They only bake for 20 minutes. You can definitely fins time to squeeze these in your busy holiday schedule.
Let’s talk about the simple ingredients starting with Bob’s Red Mill Super Fine Almond Flour. It is made from California-grown almonds that have been blanched and ground to a fine meal. It makes the bars a true cookie taste and texture. I can always count on Bob’s for having high quality and consistency every time!
Grass-fed gelatin is used to give these bars structure and great chew. I also used them in my Paleo Sugar Cookie Bars and love how it really makes them taste like traditional treats. Sometimes paleo baked goods are more delicate, but that addition of gelatin makes all the difference. Since I know it will be asked, yes, you can leave it out but the bars won’t be as chewy and will be more delicate.
Cream of Tartar is what gives these the signature snickerdoodle softness. It’s an ingredient people have said cannot be left out if you’re making true snickerdoodles. If you haven’t heard of it, it is a white powder and it is found by the spices in the baking aisle.
Coconut Sugar is the sweetened I chose which is unrefined and gives them the perfect amount of sweetness. It does make the bars a little dark, but I think that’s fine.
The grass-fed ghee gives a great butter flavor and is one of my favorite fats to bake with. You can use coconut oil if you want, but I recommend ghee first.
The little bit of cinnamon sugar on top really makes them taste like Snickerdoodles. These blondie bars are soft, sweet, chewy and absolutely delicious! You will totally love them!
Paleo Snickerdoodle Blondie Bars
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill Fine Almond Flour
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed gelatin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup grass-fed ghee, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 325° and line a 8 inch square pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine almond flour, gelatin, salt, and cream of tartar. Mix well. Stir in the coconut sugar.
- Add in the ghee, egg, and vanilla and mix until fully combined. Press into the prepared pan as evenly as possible.
- For the topping, mix the coconut sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Sprinkle over blondie bars.
- Bake 19-21 minutes.
- Store leftovers covered in the fridge.