This Easy Paleo Lemon Curd comes together in just minutes. It’s thick, creamy, and tart. Gluten free, dairy free, low FODMAP and naturally sweetened.
Lemon curd is one of those things that sounds hard to make and fancy, but actually so simple! It’s way easier than baking a cake or even cookies. Some simple ingredients are cooked together, strained and that’s it.
This lemon curd is good enough to eat straight off the spoon- and I did! Multiple times. I just couldn’t quit eating it! It’s tart, creamy, thick and so delicious!
Making low FODMAP desserts isn’t the easiest thing, but this was pretty simple. I used maple syrup as the sweetener and everything else is naturally low FODMAP. Yay!
A simple overview of how to make it. Combine the eggs, maple syrup. lemon zest and juice, and salt in a small pan over medium heat, stirring the whole time. Once the mixture gets thick, after about 5 minutes, remove it from the heat and add the ghee. Let that sit for a minute then whisk it in. Press the mixture through a fine mesh strainer and let cool. Store it in the fridge. That’s it! Now use how ever you want. I have a recipe coming soon using it, but there are so many ways you could enjoy it.
Here are some other lemon recipes you may enjoy: Paleo Lemon Bars, Paleo Lemon Poppyseed Bread, and Paleo Lemon Cheesecake.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Easy Paleo Lemon Curd
- 3 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3-4 lemons)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grass-fed ghee, room temperature
- Combine eggs, maple syrup, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt. Whisk to combine. Place over medium heat and stir consistently until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the ghee. Let it sit for a minute, then whisk it in.
- Press mixture through a fine mesh strainer over a bowl. Cool and then store in the fridge. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
Leave a Comment