These Paleo Vegan Frosted Pumpkin Bars are simple to make and so delicious! Gluten free, dairy free, egg free, and naturally sweetened.
I have two versions of these bars up already, Carrot Cake and Apple Cinnamon, and I knew I wanted to do a pumpkin version. Just a few ingredient changes and they turned out great.
Vegan and Egg Free
These contain no dairy or eggs making them vegan or good if you are working around an egg allergy. Just be sure to use butter flavored coconut oil in place of the ghee in the frosting to keep them vegan.
Easy Dairy Free Frosting
The frosting is made with coconut butter which is sometimes called coconut manna. It’s unsweetened coconut flakes blended until smooth and can be found by the nut butters at the store and of course online. Nothing can really replace it. I get asked if butter can be used- no, that’s so different. It makes the best frosting and is perfectly sweetened with the maple syrup.
Pumpkin Spice vs Chai Spice
Chai spice is used in these bars because it was requested by a reader. I have never had chai, but I found a mix on Amazon and love the warm flavors of it. I will say it’s different having a pumpkin recipe without pumpkin spice so definitely feel free to use pumpkin pie spice if that is what you know and love. Or change it up and try it with chai. It’s still so good of course, just a little different.
I know you will love these paleo vegan frosted pumpkin bars. They have the best texture and the frosting makes them extra tasty.
Here are some more pumpkin recipes you will enjoy: Paleo Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake, Paleo Soft Pumpkin Cookies, and Paleo Pumpkin Granola.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Vegan Frosted Pumpkin Bars
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chai spice or pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2/3 cup almond milk, room temperature
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup coconut butter (manna)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter flavored coconut oil*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 8x8 or 9x9 square pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, chai or pumpkin spice, cinnamon and salt. Mix well. Add in the coconut oil, almond milk, and pumpkin and mix until well combined. Add in the pecans and stir again. Scoop mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Mixture will be thick. Bake 35 minutes. The center will not look done.
- While the bars are baking, make the frosting. First make sure the coconut butter (manna) is soft and creamy. Microwave for 30 seconds if needed and stir well to mix.
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, and salt together. Stir until combined and smooth.
- Remove the bars from the oven and let cool. Once cool, spread frosting on top. These are best stored in the fridge to keep fresh.
Leave a Comment