This Paleo Whole30 Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole is hearty, delicious and makes a great dinner. It’s gluten free, dairy free and will become a family favorite.
It’s been a while since I’ve shared a spaghetti squash casserole and this one does not disappoint. I’m coming back strong! It’s packed with tender chicken, creamy ranch and crunchy bacon. A taste and texture combo that is amazing!
Paleo Ranch Dressing
There are a couple options here. You can make your own ranch dressing or buy it. I used Primal Kitchen Ranch and 1 bottle is 1 cup so it’s perfect and convenient. I have two homemade recipes so can also use- Paleo Whole30 Ranch Dressing and Paleo Low FODMAP Ranch Dressing.
Egg Free Option
A common question I get with my other casseroles is why the eggs? They are just for binder- spaghetti squash is quite watery and the casserole wouldn’t hold together as well without them. Yes, you can leave them out, but it probably won’t cut as well or be pretty. I know some people can’t have them due to allergies or sensitivities, so they aren’t crucial for the taste, just the texture.
Prepping the Casserole
This does take a little time to prep, but is so wroth it. It reheats well so great to make ahead and rewarm for lunches. The squash can be cooked ahead and kept in the fridge. I like to bake the bacon (20-25 min at 375°) in the oven, but stove top also works. The chicken can be cut and stored in the fridge until needed. It’s cooked a little before added to the casserole, but won’t be fully cooked. It will finish cooking while the casserole bakes. This whole casserole can even be fully prepped ahead and stored in the fridge. Let the dish come to room temperature before baking though.
I know you will love this paleo whole30 chicken bacon ranch casserole because it’s tasty and packed with deliciousness. Here are some more casseroles to try:
- Paleo Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Whole30 Paleo Barbecue Chicken Casserole
- Paleo Whole30 Chicken Alfredo Casserole
Paleo Whole30 Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease or line a 9×9 pan with parchement paper.
- Add the spaghetti squash to a large bowl.
- Add the chicken to a medium skillet with the avocado oil. Sprinkle on the salt and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Chicken won't be fully cooked at this point, but that's okay. Add the chicken to the spaghetti squash. Pour the ranch dressing into the bowl and add in the eggs and stir well. Stir in the bacon.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes, until edges are lightly browned. Serve warm. Top with more bacon if desired.
- Store leftovers covered in the fridge up to a week.