These Paleo Vegan Pumpkin Pie Crumb Bars have a soft shortbread crust, a smooth pumpkin layer and topped with a delicious crumb topping. They are gluten free, dairy free, egg free and naturally sweetened.
I’ve been wanting to make these for years and I finally made it happen. They had to be perfect, amazing, and not lacking in any way and that’s exactly what these are. I will admit that I prefer apple desserts over pumpkin, but these pumpkin bars are my favorites pumpkin dessert I’ve made! I hope you try them and love them as much as I do.
Layers of Paleo Crumb Bars
This shortbread recipe is my tried and true go-to that is melt in your mouth good and sweetened just right. The pumpkin is just an easy mix of canned pumpkin, maple syrup, coconut sugar, water and tapioca starch. It was really important that this layer was egg free as I know there are a lot of people needing that. That is poured on a simple shortbread crust, topped with more shortbread that makes a crumble topping and baked until golden brown and delicious! I didn’t add them, but chopped pecans could be added to the crumb for some crunch.
The glaze is what I use for most of my desserts, a mix of coconut butter (or manna), maple syrup and a little water to thin it out. It’s sweet and just makes the best topping. It can be left off and they’ll still be good, but a glaze is always fun.
Storing Paleo Crumb Bars
These are best stored in the fridge or they get a little soft and messy. They are very good straight from the fridge so it’s not a bad thing. Pumpkin pie is traditionally served cold so this totally works. They can be eaten with your hands or a fork- either work.
I promise that these will not disappoint! Make sure to leave a comment if you make them so I know 🙂
I know you will love these paleo vegan pumpkin pie crumb bars because they are easy to make and taste just like pumpkin pie. Here are some more pumpkin recipes to enjoy:
- Vegan Paleo Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Paleo Pumpkin Roll
- Vegan Paleo Frosted Pumpkin Bars
- Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Blondies
- Soft Paleo Pumpkin Cookies
- Paleo Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Bread
Paleo Vegan Pumpkin Pie Crumb Bars
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 9 inch square pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt, vanilla, maple syrup, and coconut oil. Stir together until it is well mixed and everything is incorporated evenly. Press 3/4 of the mixture (the other 1/4 will be used for the topping) into the bottom of the pan and bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown around the edges.
- While the base is cooking, make the filling. In a medium bowl combine the pumpkin, coconut sugar, maple syrup, salt, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, cashew butter and water. Stir or whisk until smooth. Sprinkle in the tapioca starch and mix again until well combined.
- Once the base is cooked let cool 5 minutes. Then pour the pumpkin mixture on top, top with remainging shortbread as the crumb topping and bake 25 more minutes.
- Let cool before adding a glaze if you choose to. Make sure the coconut butter is soft. You may need to microwave it for 30 seconds and stir first. Make the glaze: In a small bowl, combine the coconut butter, maple syrup, vanilla and water. Add the water as needed until smooth. Drizzle over bars.
- These are easiest to cut and serve after being refrigerated. Also, store any leftovers covered in the fridge.