These Paleo Vegan Caramel Apple Parfaits have 3 layers of deliciousness. A creamy dairy free cheesecake, a sweet caramel apple, and a rich crumb. Together they make an incredible dessert that is also gluten free, dairy free, and naturally sweetened.
Apple desserts are my favorite in the fall time. Sure, pumpkin is great, but apple holds a special place in my heart and I’m always thinking of new recipes to try. Making these little parfaits was fun. There is a little time involved because there are three separate parts, but none of it is hard and they can be made ahead which is always nice and the single serving is super convenient. I hope you try them!
What’s Needed to Make Parfaits
A couple things are needed: small glass jars and a high powered blender or food processor, I have a Cuisinart food processor and a Vitamix and they both work great. I usually go for the Vitamix to make the creamiest cheesecake super quickly.
You can of course make these in any glass jar or even a big dish, it will still taste the same, but these are so fun and cute.
Caramel Apple Layer
This layer is two in one. A sweet, thick, easy caramel and some cooked down apples that combine for an incredible delicious layer that is rich, yet fresh. The cooked apples add some nice crunch which is much needed with the creamy cheesecake. The caramel is inspired from my paleo cinnamon roll blondies and is a mix of cashew butter (almond can also be used), maple syrup and apple pie spice. It tastes like a mix between caramel and the center of a cinnamon roll- both which are amazing. Cinnamon can be used if you can’t find apple pie spice, but I always suggest looking for it because it adds warmth and just a little more flavor.
This layer is inspired by all the coffee cakes I make. The crumb topping is arguably the best part, so making a layer in these jars was a must. It’s super simple, mixes together in just minutes and is the perfect addition to the cheesecake and apples.
I know you will love these paleo vegan caramel apple parfaits because they are decadent, easy, and so delicious! Here are some more apple desserts to try and enjoy:
- Paleo Apple Crisp Coffee Cake
- Vegan Paleo Apple Cinnamon Bars
- Paleo Apple Pie Crumb Bread
- Vegan Paleo Apple Caramel Apple Crisp
- Paleo Apple Cinnamon Glazed Cookies
Paleo Vegan Caramel Apple Parfaits
- 1 cup peeled and diced apple 2 small
- 1 tablespoon water
- Make the cheesecake layer. In a high powered blender, combine the cashews, coconut oil, maple syrup, almond milk, lemon juice and salt. Blend until completely smooth, stopping and scrapping down the edges as needed. You can leave it in the blender until needed or scoop into a bowl.
- Make the caramel apple layer. In a medium bowl, combine the cashew butter, maple syrup, apple pie spice and salt. Stir until smooth and creamy. Add the apple and water to a small pan and cook on medium heat 4-5 minutes until the water is absorbed and the apples are slightly tender. Add the apples to the cinnamon mixture and stir to combine.
- Make the crumb topping. In a small bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut sugar, salt, cinnaon and coconut oil. Mix until combined and crumbly.
- Now layer. Get 4- 7oz jars and scoop some of the cheesecake in the bottom. Add 1/4 of the caramel apples on top, some crumb topping, more cheesecake and then finish with the remaining crumb.
- Layer: cheesecake, 1/4 caramel apple, crumb, cheesecake, crumb
- Store covered in the fridge up to 10 days. These can also probably be frozen, but I didn't try it.