This Paleo Breakfast Pizza Quiche has all the flavors you love about pizza, but made to be eaten at breakfast...or anytime of day. Hearty and delicious while being Whole30, gluten free, and dairy free.
Last week I got an awesome new cookbook, One Pot Paleo, with some amazing Paleo meals. I'm always looking for new ideas and dishes and that is exactly what this book is full of. I've read many Paleo cookbooks and this one stands out with totally unique dishes AND they are all made in one pot which equals less clean up! I love that every recipe has a picture. I guess the internet has spoiled me in that way and now it's hard for me to make a recipe without an image of an end result in my mind.
I would say pizza is one of the most missed foods on Paleo. This is the most pizza-like dish I've had and it is seriously delicious! I love how it is easily customizable. If you love olives and bacon on your pizza- add them!
How to make the Pizza Quiche
Here are the ingredients you'll need. Pizza sauce, eggs, mushrooms, coconut milk, pepperoni, green onion, roasted red peppers, and the seasonings.
Crack the eggs into a large bowl with the coconut milk. Mix well and add the seasonings. Add in the mushrooms, roasted red peppers, green onion, and pepperoni (I only added a little, saving most for the top).
Pour the mixture into the pan. I like to line mine with parchment paper. I have made so many pans of baked eggs and no matter how well I grease it, it always sticks so this is the only way I cook them now. It makes clean up so easy as well. Swirl the pizza sauce on top (I didn't get a picture of that). Top the eggs with the cut pepperoni and bake for 25 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes, cut and enjoy!
I did a couple things differently than the recipe says, but nothing major. I used a couple extra eggs and made it in a larger dish and I left the pepperoni for the top because I think crispy pepperoni is the best! It took 10 minutes longer for mine to bake- I'm sure that's because of the extra eggs.
I will definitely be making this again! It is so easy and such a nice change from plain eggs. The flavors work perfectly together and my husband has declared these his favorite eggs ever.
Look at that sauce!! Yum!!
And that crispy pepperoni is so delicious!
You will definitely be looking forward to breakfast with this dish!
Breakfast Pizza Quiche (Paleo)
- Preheat the oven to 375° and grease a 10 inch springform pan or an 8x8 baking dish. (I lined my pan with parchment which always works best for me)
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and add the coconut milk. Whisk until light and frothy.
- Season with garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, black pepper, and oregano. Whisk to combine.
- Add the mushrooms, roasted red pepper, pepperoni and green onions. Mix until well combined. (I saved the pepperoni for the top)
- Pour into the greased pan.
- Swirl the pizza sauce on top. (top with pepperoni if you didn't mix them in)
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before cutting and serving.