This Gluten Free Peanut Butter Donut Bread is simple to make and just the right sweetness. A moist bread topped with a peanut topping that is great for breakfast or dessert. Grain free, dairy free and naturally sweetened.
I made this for my boyfriends birthday. He requested donuts and I was struggling getting them perfect, but I knew I could make a delicious bread and the nut topping really gives it donut vibes. He LOVED it and I ended up making another loaf right away.
This bread is super simple to make, mixed in one bowl and comes together in just minutes. It lasts well for a week, making it great to make and have ready for a quick snack. It uses just a handful of ingredients that you probably already have on hand. I haven’t tried an egg replacement, but flax eggs could definitely be tried if needed.
Peanut butter is the star here, but almond or cashew butter could be used if you prefer, making this paleo. It’s just whatever you like best because any nut butter would work. I like to use a natural peanut butter that is stirred well. The peanut topping could be replaced with almonds or cashews chopped as well to keep it paleo. All the other ingredients are compliant.
Bread Serving Options
This is of course good just as-is, but also super delicious with some jam or jelly on it. Like a new take on a pb&j. It’s good warmed up a little, good with some ghee or better and would be good with a chocolate spread. I haven’t tried that, but I know it would be an amazing combo. And of course more peanut butter for the ultimate peanut butter dessert.
I know you will love this gluten free peanut butter donut bread because it’s simple to make and so filling. The tender bread paired with the crunchy nuts makes this irresistible. Here are some more breads to try:
- Paleo Apple Pie Crumb Bread
- Vegan Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Paleo Cinnamon Roll Quick Bread
- Healthy Carrot Cake Loaf (Grain free)
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Donut Bread
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts to mix in
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts for the top
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter, coconut sugar, eggs, and vanilla and mix well. Add in the almond flour, salt and baking soda and mix until combined. Add in the water and peanuts and mix well. Pour into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Top with additional peanuts and press lightly in.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the middle is set. Store covered at room temperature for up to 5 days and in the fridge after that.
Leave a Comment