These Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting are moist, rich and have a fresh sweet frosting. They are grain free and naturally sweetened.
This post is sponsored on behalf of Peace Coffee All opinions are 100% my own, of course! Thank you for supporting brands that help make Real Food with Jessica possible!
Grain Free Cupcakes
These chocolate cupcakes are so delicious and no one will know they are grain free and naturally sweetened. They are light and airy, rich but not heavy. They mix together easily, you can use a hand mixer or a whisk to combine all the ingredients. Almond flour is the base of these and makes them moist and tender.
Peace Coffee Makes the Best Cupcakes
Peace Coffee is my favorite coffee to have every morning, but I also love baking with it. The coffee really helps these chocolate cupcakes shine when added to the batter. The coffee flavor doesn't come through, it just makes the chocolate more bold. I used the Morning Glory Blend, but a decaf blend would work well if you're concerned about caffeine. Make sure to brew it first, don't add the grounds 🙂
I love Peace Coffee because all their coffee is Organic and Fair Trade. They care about where their coffee comes from and the people that grow it. You can learn more about their coffee on their website. I've tried almost all their blends and they are all so good. Fresh, flavorful and so delicious! Use code JESSICA20 for 20% off all coffee on their site! You will love it 🙂
Goat Cheese Frosting and a Paleo Option
The frosting is goat cheese, organic powdered sugar, freeze dried strawberries and some maple syrup. It's sweet, but not too sweet with the goat cheese balancing it out. For the strawberries, just buy a bag of freeze dried strawberries and place them in a small blender. This creates really great strawberry flavor that doesn't make the frosting too wet.
Dairy free cream cheese can be used for a paleo option and maple sugar in place of the powdered sugar. All the other ingredients are paleo so this is an easy swap.
Valentine's Day Cupcakes
I definitely made these in mind with Valentine's coming up. The chocolate with the pretty pink frosting. I do think they are too good to make just once a year though and hope you make these all year long for a variety of reasons.
These are best stored in the fridge due to the frosting and they will stay good up to a week.
I know you will love these gluten free chocolate cupcakes with strawberry frosting because they feel fancy, but are so simple to make. A great treat for any occasion or just because. Here are some more chocolate treats to enjoy:
- Paleo Chocolate Hot Fudge Cups
- Vegan Paleo Chocolate Fudge Pop Tart Bars
- Paleo Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Vegan Paleo Double Chocolate Pie
Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting
- 8 oz goat cheese log room temperature
- ¼ cup organic powdered sugar
- 1 oz freeze dried strawberries blended
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- strawberry jam optional
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a muffin tin with 12 parchment liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut oil and sugar together and mix well. Add in the eggs and stir until smooth. Add in the vanilla and coffee and mix again. Stir in the dry ingredients and mix well, until no dry spots remain. Scoop into prepared liners.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let fully cool before frosting.
- Make the frosting. In a medium bowl, combine the goat cheese, powdered sugar, strawberry powder, maple syrup, and vanilla. Mix well, using a hand mixer if needed. Spread evenly on each cupcake. If desired, make a little indentation in the center and fill with a little strawberry jam, about 1-2 teaspoons.