These Paleo Chocolate Fudge Pop Tart Bars are a triple chocolate treat! Chocolate cookie, a thick fudge layer in the middle then topped with a chocolate frosting. They are vegan, gluten free and naturally sweetened.
These are one of the most requested flavor of pop tart bars I’ve gotten. I will admit I’ve never had an actual chocolate pop tart, but have many taste testers to help me determine if these are legit and they all loved them! They got high praises so I think they are better than the actual treat.
Layers of the Bars
The cookie layer is similar to my classic shortbread, but with cacao powder added to make it chocolate. It’s simple and mixes together quickly. The fudge layer is dairy free chocolate chips and full fat coconut milk melted together. This layer is like fudge, so rich and creamy while also being so simple. It’s topped with a chocolate frosting that is chocolate chips mixed with cashew butter. Another nut butter could be used, but cashew butter is so rich and neutral in taste so that’s why I used it. The cashew butter helps the frosting not set too hard and adds creaminess. Sprinkles are optional, but fun!
Bars vs Pastries
I wanted to make these into bars instead of individual pies to keep them super simple to make. They have the same taste, but come together quickly and even less mess. These deliver on taste and texture and ease!
Storing Paleo Pop Tarts
These store best in the fridge, but can be left out at room temperature for a couple days. These are definitely not as dry as original Pop Tarts and you can try them warmed if you want a gooey treat! The fudge and frosting get melty and they get a little messy- in a good way!
I know you will love these paleo chocolate fudge pop tart bars because they are simple to make and better than the original. So rich, soft, and delicious! Here are my other pop tart bars to try:
- Paleo Vegan Strawberry Pop Tart Bars
- Vegan Paleo Brown Sugar Pop Tart Bars
- Paleo Blackberry Pop Tart Bars
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Chocolate Fudge Pop Tart Bars
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a 9×9 with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Make the filling first so it can cool while the cookie is being made. In a small saucepan, combine the chocolate chips and coconut milk and heat over medium/low heat, strirring regularly until completely melted. Turn off the heat and add in the vanilla. Let sit and cool until ready to use.
- Make the chocolate cookie. In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, cacao powder, and salt. Add in the maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla and mix well until dough is formed. Press half the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Top with the fudge filling, spreading evenly and then top with the remaining cookie dough. The best way to do this is to press the dough on a piece of wax paper into the size of the pan and then flip it on top of the fudge layer. Press any pieces together that come apart.
- Bake for 30 minutes and then let cool before frosting.
- Once cool, make the frosting. In a small saucepan combine the chocolate chips with the cashew butter and stir over medium heat until smooth. Pour over the bars and then top with sprinkles if desired. Place in the fridge to set.
- Best stored covered in the fridge for up to 10 days. Can serve cold, room temperature or warm.
Leave a Comment