These Bourbon Butter Pecan Cupcakes have a rich chocolate cake topped with a sweet butter pecan frosting. They are easy to make and so delicious! Grain free and naturally sweetened.
This post is sponsored on behalf of Danish Creamery. All opinions are 100% my own, of course! Thank you for supporting brands that make Real Food with Jessica possible.
These cupcakes are such a rich and decadent treat that have so much flavor. The beloved butter pecan flavor is combined with bourbon for an over the top combination. Paired with the moist cupcakes, these make such a satisfying treat. Everyone I shared them with LOVED them!
Grain free chocolate cupcakes
The chocolate cupcakes are simple to make, so tender and sweet and have the best texture. A mixture of almond flour and coconut flour makes them light and airy while still being moist and rich. A little bourbon is used in the cupcake as well as the frosting to really emphasize the flavor.
Why Danish Creamery is the best to use
Danish Creamery butter is used both in the cupcakes and frosting. It's really the star of the show here. I used both the salted and unsalted and the flavor is perfectly balanced. The secret to Danish Creamery's velvety, rich butter lies in it's old-world slow churned process. Their pasture-raised European Style Butter boasts an 85% butterfat (mush higher than other European style butters that come in at 82-83%) making it a dream in baking applications. It is truly the best and takes these cupcakes over the top.
Room Temperature Ingredients
It's always best to use all the ingredients at room temperature, the butter, eggs, and yogurt, so that they mix well and all the ingredients combine nicely. I like to leave butter out the night before, the eggs too if I remember and the yogurt removed from the fridge an hour before baking. If you forget to leave the eggs out, placing them in a bowl of hot water for 5 minutes will bring them to room temperature.
I know you will love these bourbon butter pecan cupcakes because they are flavorful, sweet and so delicious! Here are some more delicious butter recipes to try:
- Grain Free Kentucky Butter Cake
- Brown Butter Blondies (grain free)
- Pecan Pie Twice Bakes Sweet Potatoes
- Grain Free Baklava Bars
Bourbon Butter Pecan Cupcakes (grain free)
- 1 tablespoon Danish Creamery salted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 16 tablespoons Danish Creamery salted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup maple sugar, blend first if needed
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- Preheat the oven to 350‚ and line 2 muffin tins with 15 parchment liners.
- Make the cupcakes. In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine. In a large bowl, combine the butter and coconut sugar and beat with a hand mixer until combined and smooth. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix again. Mix in the yogurt and then the dry ingredients, mixing until fully combined. Then add in the bourbon, water, and maple syrup and stir until batter is well mixed. Divide evenly between the muffin liners and bake for 22-24 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let fully cool before frosting.
- Make the pecans. Add the butter, vanilla and pecans to a small fry pan and toast over low heat for 5 minutes. While those are toasting, place sugar in a small bowl. Once the pecans are done, place in the bowl of sugar and toss to coat. Remove ¼ cup of the pecans for the topping.
- Make the frosting. In a medium bowl, combine the butter and maple sugar. Beat with a hand mixer until smooth and fluffy in texture, about 2 minutes. Add in the pecans and sugar mixture and bourbon and beat again. Frost each cupcake and then top with remaining candied pecans
- Store covered at room temperature for 2 days and then in the fridge up to 10 days.