These Paleo Cookie Dough Cups are a delicious no-bake treat! A healthy and easy way to satisfy your cookie dough craving! They are gluten free, dairy free, naturally sweetened, and vegan!
The cups are actually the result of a recipe fail. I tried making them into popsicles, but they wouldn’t come out of the mold and when they were finally soft enough just the sticks came out. Dang. They were too good not to share though, so I decided to make another batch, this time making them into mini cups and they turned out perfect!
It’s like a peanut butter cup, but cookie dough instead of peanut butter. Egg free, completely edible cookie dough. So good! There is a high ratio of cookie dough to chocolate and that is clearly the star! Thick, perfectly sweet, and studded with chocolate chips.
The cookie dough is mixed up quickly and these treats are completely no bake. They are naturally sweetened with maple syrup, the coconut oil makes them dairy free, and the almond flour gives them a little graininess that gives them the true cookie dough texture.
These are best stored in the freezer or fridge. The chocolate melts quickly- especially in the summer heat. Even frozen they are soft enough to eat and they make a cold delicious treat. In the picture above it shows what they look like after a few minutes at room temperature- the cookie dough gets soft and gooey and oh so good! Then in the picture below shows what they look like straight from the fridge. The cookie dough is firmer, but just as delicious!
Time to get your mini muffin tin out and make these! Even though they are small, they are rich and sure to satisfy your sweet tooth! Enjoy!
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Cookie Dough Cups
Cookie Dough Filling
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup dairy free mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup dairy free mini chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Line a mini muffin pan with 24 parchment liners.
- In a microwave safe bowl or measuring glass, melt the chocolate chips, coconut oil and almond butter together. Heat in 15 second increments, stirring every time, until completely smooth. Alternatively, you can melt the ingredients on the stove stop over medium heat.
- Add about a teaspoon of the chocolate to each muffin liner and gently tip it to cover some of the side. This should use about half of the chocolate, the remaining will be for the top. Place in fridge or freezer to chill, about 15 minutes.
- While the chocolate is chilling, make the cookie dough. In a medium bowl, combine almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, almond flour, salt, and vanilla. Stir until well combined. Add in the mini chocolate chips and mix in.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and scoop some cookie dough in each compartment as evenly as possible. Top with the remaining chocolate- if it has hardened then place it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds until smooth again. Once all cups are covered with chocolate, place back in the freezer and let harden completely, about 1 hour.
- These are best stored in the fridge or freezer.
Leave a Comment