This Paleo Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken is flavorful and just a little sweet. It’s gluten free, dairy free, and so delicious!
I am struggling to post savory recipes. Baking is what I really love and that’s why I share so much here. I did force myself to make this chicken and I’m happy I did- it’s so delicious! Tangy with just a touch of sweetness.
This marinade uses just a few simple ingredients that are all paleo. It is not overly sweet, just 2 tablespoons for up to 2 pounds of chicken. I like to usually keep my sweeteners in my desserts 😉 This amount added enough sweetness to balance out the mustard.
Annie’s and Primal Kitchen make my favorite mustards. I used dijon for this, but yellow or spicy will work as well. Really whatever you love, just check the ingredients to make sure there isn’t sugar or gums added.
Best Chicken to Use
I like to use chicken breast that has been cut to be even in thickness. It cooks the best and gets a lot of marinade on it. Chicken thighs, tenders or breast will also work. Regular breast will just take longer as it has a thick part.
You probably already have all the ingredients on hand for the marinade and maybe even some chicken in the freezer. So this can come together quickly and you can be eating some seriously tasty chicken in no time.
I know you will love this paleo grilled honey mustard chicken because it is easy and flavorful.
Here are some more grilling recipes to enjoy:
- Whole30 Paleo Dijon Rosemary Pork Chops
- Paleo Whole30 Bruschetta Chicken
- Oven Baked Ribs (paleo and Whole30)
- Paleo Whole30 Chicken Satay
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken
- 1/3 cup mustard Dijon
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1.5-2 pounds chicken
- Combine the mustard, avocado oil, honey, salt and water in a small bowl and stir well until smooth. Add the chicken to a medium glass container and pour marinade over it, making sure all sides are coated. Let marinate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- If only marinating an hour, keep at room temperature. If marinating overnight then cover and place in the fridge. Remove 1 hour before grilling.
- Grill over medium/high heat for 8 minutes, flipping half way or until 165° internally. Discard any extra marinade.
Leave a Comment