These Paleo Pecan Pie Muffins are so easy to make. They are rich, sweet and full of buttery pecans. Gluten free, dairy free, and so delicious!
I'm back with another delicious muffin recipe. You guys seem to love muffins as much as I do and I've had so much great feedback on my Paleo Pumpkin Muffins. I definitely think you'll love these just as much! This recipe is inspired by these muffins I saw on another blogger's site. I knew a couple easy changes and they could be paleo. They came out so amazing- I couldn't quit eating them!
They are a dense muffin- no leavener is used so they are almost like a pecan bar in muffin form. So so good! The coconut oil keeps them so moist and the tiny bit of molasses adds a real depth of flavor. I added mini chocolate chips to half the batch- if you're a chocolate lover than I highly recommend it, but they're definitely not needed.
I have to say- I'm usually not a fan of nuts in baked goods, but these are the exception. Banana bread? No nuts, please. Cookies? Macadamias are the only good ones. Brownies? Never ever, ever should brownies have nuts. It ruins the fudgy-ness and I'd choose no brownie over a brownie with nuts- truth! But because these are centered around the pecan it really works. My husband has the same strong feeling about nuts in baked goods and was hesitant to try these- 5 muffins later, he admitted he liked them 😉
You will love how simple they are to make. Mixed in one bowl and ready in 30 minutes! They will fill your house with an amazing aroma that is sweet and caramel-y. Then once you try them you'll fall in love with the delicious flavors and textures. Sweet, crunchy, moist, and irresistible!
Paleo Pecan Pie Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 325° and line a muffin pan with 9 parchment liners.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, coconut sugar, and salt.
- Add eggs, coconut oil, and molasses and stir well. Stir in the pecans and scoop into muffin liners.
- Bake for 25 minutes- the edges should be slightly brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely. Can be stored at room temperature for 3 days, refrigerate if storing longer than that.