These Lemon Poppy Seed Olive Oil Muffins are moist, bright, and just the right sweetness. Easy to make and paleo, gluten free and dairy free.
This post is sponsored on behalf of Olive Oils from Spain. All opinions are 100% my own, of course! Thank you for supporting brands that help make Real Food with Jessica possible!
Lemon Poppy Seed is a favorite of mine and I’m excited to bring you these muffins today. They are perfect for summer and so quick and easy to make.
Olive Oils from Spain
Using Olive Oils from Spain as the oil in these muffins makes them incredible moist and have a nice richness. It pairs well with the lemon, not overpowering, but still flavorful.
These muffins use almond and coconut flour, are sweetened with just honey, and contain no dairy which makes them paleo. That also means they are gluten free as well.
The muffins are super easy to make, mixed in one bowl, by hand and in the oven in just minutes. The batch makes 9, just so you know and don't make 12 little muffins. Once baked, they are topped with a simple but sweet glaze that is so fun!
The glaze is a mixture of coconut manna, maple syrup and lemon juice. Whenever I use coconut manna I get questions about substitutions and there really isn’t one. It’s not like butter so you can’t use that and it’s not like almond butter, so you can’t use that. It is shredded coconut blended until smooth and it makes the best glazes because it’s thick and creamy.
Like all paleo baked goods, these are best kept in the fridge after the first day. It helps keep them fresh and last longer.
I know you will love these lemon poppy seed olive oil muffins because they are moist, sweet, and full of lemon flavor. Here are some more lemon recipes to try:
- Soft Paleo Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies
- Paleo Lemon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Vegan Paleo Lemon Poppy Seed Bites
- Paleo Lemon Curd
- Easy Paleo Lemon Bars
Lemon Poppy Seed Olive Oil Muffins
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- ¼ cup Olive Oil from Spain
- zest of 2 lemons
- ½ cup lemon juice from 4 lemons
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a muffin pan with 9 parchment liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking soda and poppy seeds. Stir together.
- Add the eggs, honey, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and almond milk. Stir until smooth
- Bake for 34-37 minutes, until the edges are lightly brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool before glazing.
- Make the glaze. Make sure coconut butter is liquidy, you may need to microwave it for 30 seconds and stir it well. Combine the coconut butter, maple syrup, and lemon juice in a small bowl and stir well. Spoon on each muffin, covering the top.
- Store muffins covered in the fridge