These Paleo Soft Lime Cookies are tender, full of lime flavor and topped with the best glaze. They are gluten free, dairy free, and naturally sweetened.
These lime cookies are amazing. Incredible. A little too easy to pop a few as a treat. If you like any kind of citrus, you will love these! I wanted to emphasis the soft because these cookies are like little lime pillows. They are thick and melt in your mouth good!
Storing Paleo Lime Cookies
Like all paleo baked goods, these are best kept in the fridge after the first day. It helps keep them fresh and they are good cold. Of course you can let them sit at room temperature for a little bit before eating if you want.
The cookies themselves are super easy to make. A combination of almond and coconut flour is the best for texture. Sweetened with maple sugar because it's light in color, but coconut sugar can be used which will make them a tad darker. They are mixed, scooped and baked. Only one cookie sheet is needed since they don't spread, they stay nice and thick.
The glaze is a mixture of coconut butter, maple syrup and lime juice. Whenever I use coconut butter I get questions about substitutions and there really isn’t one. It’s not like butter so you can’t use that and it’s not like almond butter, so you can’t use that. It is shredded coconut blended until smooth and it makes the best glazes because it’s thick and creamy. I’ve found Amazon to have the best price, but it’s found in the nut butter section of the store if you’re looking there.
Paleo Vegan Cookies
As written, these aren't vegan because of the egg. But I made an orange version last year with a flax egg and they came out great, so I know that substitution will work with these, making them vegan.
A zester is so helpful for getting all that lime zest easily. They are very affordable and I use mine all the time. You don’t really need a juicer for these, just squeeze by hand.
You will love these paleo soft lime cookies because they are the perfect quick treat that isn't too rich. Here are some more cookies to try:
- Soft Paleo Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies
- Paleo Chocolate Cookie Dough Sandwiches
- Vegan Paleo Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Paleo Apple Cinnamon Glazed Cookies
Paleo Soft Lime Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a sheet tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda. Mix well. Add in the coconut oil, egg, lime zest and juice. Mix well until everything is combined.
- Divide into 10 equal portions, about 1 heaping tablespoon each. Roll into balls and place on the sheet tray. Gently press them down to about ½ inch thick. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Once cookies are cool, make the glaze. Make sure coconut butter is liquid, you may need to microwave it for 30 seconds and stir it well. Combine the coconut butter, maple syrup, lime juice, and salt in a small bowl and stir well. Spoon on each cookie, covering the top.
- These are best stored covered in the fridge.