These Paleo Triple Chocolate Scones are rich, slightly sweet and so delicious. A crunch on the outside and tender inside. They are gluten free, dairy free, and naturally sweetened.
Scones are fun because they make a nice treat, but aren't overly sweet. They're definitely great paired with a cup of coffee or tea.
Chocolate Scone Ingredients
Cacao powder- this gives them their great chocolate flavor.
Eggs- helps bind the scones together. I haven't tried a sub, but flax eggs may work.
Dairy Free Chocolate Chips- for mixing in and drizzled on top. There are many options available, Santa Barbara Chocolate and Hu Gems are both coconut sugar sweetened and dairy/soy free. (REALFOOD15 saves you $ on Hu Gems)
These use 3 types of chocolate making them great for any chocolate lover. Cacao powder is used to make the scone itself chocolate then chocolate chips are mixed in and finally they are topped with a chocolate drizzle. That makes them look a little fancy, but really they are so simple.
These are best served and enjoyed they day they are baked, but do stay well in the fridge up to a week and the freezer up to 3 months.
I know you will love these paleo triple chocolate scones because they are simple to make and so delicious. A great treat in the morning or as dessert. Here are some more scones to try:
Paleo Triple Chocolate Scones
- ¼ cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, cacao powder, maple (or coconut) sugar, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine. Add in the maple syrup, eggs, ghee, and vanilla and stir until dough is formed. Add in the chocolate chips and stir again.
- Form dough into a ball and place on the baking sheet. Press into an 8 inch circle, cut in half and each half into fourths, creating 8 triangles. Using a spatula, seperate the triangles onto the baking sheet and bake 20-23 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together in a microwave safe bowl. Do this in 30 second increments, stirring each time. This should take 60-90 seconds. Drizzle over the scones.
- Store these covered in the fridge after 1 day. They are best served fresh, but still good out of the fridge.