These Paleo Vegan Orange Cookies are thick, sweet, and have the best orange flavor. Topped with a irresistible glaze and they are gluten free, dairy free, and naturally sweetened.
I took inspiration from my Paleo Soft Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies and made them orange flavor and vegan. They turned out amazing and so fresh. The perfect cookie to whip up when you're craving something sweet and not too rich.
The cookies themselves are super easy to make. A combination of almond and coconut flour is the best for texture. Sweetened with coconut sugar and using flax eggs to keep them vegan. The orange zest and juice makes them so bright. They are mixed, scooped and baked. They are thick and soft and so tasty.
The glaze is a mixture of coconut butter, maple syrup and orange juice. Whenever I use coconut butter I get questions about substitutions and there really isn’t one. It’s not like butter so you can’t use that and it’s not like almond butter, so you can’t use that. It is shredded coconut blended until smooth and it makes the best glazes because it’s thick and creamy. I’ve found Amazon to have the best price, but it’s found in the nut butter section of the store if you’re looking there.
A zester is so helpful for getting all that orange zest easily. They are very affordable and I use mine all the time. You don't really need a juicer for these, just squeeze by hand.
You will love these paleo vegan orange cookies because they are they are thick, sweet and melt in your mouth good! Here are more cookie recipes to try:
- Vegan Paleo Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies (paleo)
- Paleo Soft Pumpkin Cookies
- Vegan Paleo Samoa Cookies
Paleo Vegan Orange Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the flax meal, orange juice and water together in a little bowl and let sit while the dough is being made. Make sure to zest the oranges first.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, salt and baking soda and stir together. Add in the zest, flax mixture, maple syrup and coconut oil and stir until dough is formed.
- Scoop into 1 tablespoons balls and place on the baking sheet. It will make 11. Press down to about ½ inch thick and bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cookies cool and then make the glaze. Make sure coconut butter is liquid, you may need to microwave it for 30 seconds and stir it well.
- Combine the coconut butter, maple syrup, orange juice, and salt in a small bowl and stir well. Spoon on each cookie, covering the top.
- These are best stored covered in the fridge after 1 day.