This Paleo Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake is creamy, rich and so delicious. Made with cashews keeping it vegan and dairy free, it is also egg free and naturally sweetened.
Paleo and Vegan Cheesecake
This cheesecake is vegan since there are no dairy or eggs used. It’s dairy free by using soaked cashews instead of cream cheese for the cheesecake part. You will not miss the dairy- I promise! It is so creamy, rich and sweet
I decided on a graham cracker-like crust because I thought it would pair perfectly with the orange cheesecake. You do have to bake it for 10 minutes though so if you’re wanting this to be completely no-bake then you can use the crust from THIS cheesecake I made. It’s a combination of nuts and dates blended up. I really prefer the baked crust and it’s not hard, definitely worth it in my opinion.
This cheesecake can be stored in the fridge or freezer. It’s easiest to cut from the fridge, but can be made ahead, covered well, and frozen for later. It will stay good in the fridge up to 10 days or 3 months in the freezer.
A couple tools needed: a 7-inch springform pan and a high powered blender or food processor, I have a Cuisinart food processor and a Vitamix and they both work great. I usually go for the Vitamix to make the creamiest cheesecake super quickly.
A zester is so helpful for getting all that orange zest easily. They are very affordable and I use mine all the time. You don’t really need a juicer for this, just squeeze by hand.
This cheesecake is incredibly delicious! The orange flavor really comes though and it isn’t too sweet. It’s creamy and has that creamsicle taste thanks to the rich cashews. If you like orange, you will love this cheesecake!
I know you will love this paleo orange creamsicle cheesecake because it’s fresh and so tasty. Here are some more cheesecake recipes to try (all dairy free)
- Vegan Paleo Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Paleo Lemon Cheesecake
- Vegan Paleo Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake
- Paleo Vegan Caramel Pecan Cheesecake
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 TB butter flavored coconut oil*
- 2 cups raw cashews soaked
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Zest 3 oranges
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 TB lemon juice
- Before beginning, make sure you have soaked the cashews 8 hours in cool water or 3-4 hours in warm water. This will ensure a creamy cheesecake.
- Preheat the oven to 325°. In a small bowl, combine almond flour, coconut sugar, salt, and coconut oil. Mix well until mixture holds together when squeezed. Press into the bottom of a 7-inch springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, make the filling. Drain the cashews and place them in the blender. Add the maple syrup, coconut oil, salt, orange zest and juice, and lemon juice. Blend until completely smooth, stopping and scrapping down the sides as necessary. The timing of this will be different depending on what blender you are using, but it took me 1-2 minutes.
- Let crust cool 5-10 minutes after coming out of the oven. Then pour orange cheesecake mixture into the pan and spread it out evenly. Place in the fridge 6-8 hours before serving.
- Store covered in the fridge up to 10 days.
Leave a Comment