This Paleo Whole30 Green Bean Casserole is better than the one you grew up with. No canned soup or weird ingredients, but still easy and comforting. Gluten free, dairy free, and topped with bacon!
Thanksgiving is always filled with delicious food and this side dish is perfect to go with the paleo roasted turkey on the big day.
This green bean casserole uses my Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup. It is so simple and quick to make and it puts store bought canned soup to shame. It is thick, creamy, and packed with flavor. What's really nice is that it can be made ahead of time and refrigerated so this casserole comes together so quickly!
I decided to use frozen green beans instead of fresh because I like to keep things as easy as possible. If you are making this for Thanksgiving then I'm sure you already have enough food to prep and cook and worry about. Grab those frozen green beans and make your life easier!
The topping is not the traditional fried onions. Again, I was trying to keep it easy without compromising taste. Bacon. That is what came to me. It gets cooked in a pan while the casserole bakes, then added to the top for the last 10 minutes. The smokiness pairs perfectly with the creamy sauce and tender green beans.
You will love this healthier version of the traditional side dish. Your family will definitely not be disappointed if you serve this at Thanksgiving! Here are more recipes to complete for meal:
- Mashed Potatoes (paleo)
- Paleo Sweet Potato Casserole
- Sausage Stuffing (paleo)
- Paleo Pumpkin Pie Bars
Paleo Whole30 Green Bean Casserole
- 16 oz frozen french style green beans
- 2 cups Homemade Cream of Mushroom
- 12 oz uncured bacon check for no added sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° and get out a 9 inch square baking dish.
- Place green beans in a colander and run water over them to thaw them out. Press gently with a towel to dry and add them to a large bowl.
- Add the cream of mushroom, stir and pour into the baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- While the casserole is baking, cook the bacon.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces and cook in a skillet until crispy.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and sprinkle the cooked bacon on top of the green beans. Bake another 10-15 minutes.