This Party Snack Mix is the ultimate snack to make and loved by everyone! A mix of salty, crunchy and flavorful bits so create an irresistible mix. Perfect for any occasion, this snack mix is a perfect balance of textures and tastes that will leave you reaching for more.
This post is sponsored on behalf of Danish Creamery. All opinions are 100% my own, of course! Thank you for supporting brands that make Real Food with Jessica possible.
This snack mix started out as me trying to recreate Dots Pretzels for my boyfriend who loves them and that did work, but then he had the idea of adding other snack components to create the ultimate mix. After a few batches, I got it perfect and it's become a staple for get-togethers and parties.
This carefully crafted blend combines the classic crunch of pretzels, the cheesy goodness of cheese crackers, the earthy appeal of sesame sticks, and the bold kick of garlic chips. Coat that in a buttery ranch mixture for a truly delicious combo.
Pretzels: The crispy pretzels provide the sturdy foundation for this snack mix, offering a satisfying crunch that complements the other elements. Butter braids are always what I use as the seasoning gets in all the nooks and crannies.
Cheese Crackers: the perfect cheesy addition that pairs seamlessly with the pretzels.
Sesame Sticks: with a hint of nuttiness, the sesame sticks add an extra layer of depth to the mix. Their slender and crisp profile contributes a unique texture to every handful.
Garlic Rye Chips: Elevate the snack mix with the robust flavor of garlic chips. The garlic chips bring a zesty and aromatic twist that enhances the overall taste experience.
Butter- this coats all the pieces of the mix and helps the seasoning stick while also giving delicious buttery flavor. With a cup of butter used in this recipe, it's important to use a good quality butter which is why I'm using Danish Creamery. I can consistently rely on the excellence of their butter.
Seasoning- ranch seasoning is used, but a mix of the packet and unsalted ranch seasoning to ensure the final mix isn't too salty. You could also make your own homemade ranch seasoning and leave the salt out if you don't want to buy the mix.
If you have a favorite flavor of Cheez-It or shape of pretzel, that would work great. Just keep the amount the same and swap it out.
Making Party Mix
This is so simple to make, but one thing that is helpful is a very large bowl. The largest one you have. It makes a lot and you want room to stir.
- Mix all the dry snacks in a large bowl
- Melt the butter and pour over the mixture, stir to coat the pieces
- Sprinkle the ranch mixture on and stir to coat well
- Spread evenly onto two sheet trays and bake for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Let cool and cover.
This party snack mix brings together the best of each element—pretzels, cheese crackers, sesame sticks, and garlic rye chips—in a medley that will tantalize your taste buds. Whether you're hosting a gathering or simply craving a delicious snack, this blend of textures and flavors is sure to satisfy your snacking desires. Indulge in the perfect balance of savory goodness with every handful!
Here are more snacks to try:
Party Snack Mix
- Preheat the oven to 250° and line 2 sheet trays with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the pretzels, cheese crackers, rye chips, and sesame sticks. Mix together.
- Combine the ranch mix, salt-free ranch seasoning and cayenne together in a small bowl.
- Pour the melted butter over the snack mixture and then sprinkle the ranch mixture on top. Mix really well, coating all the pieces with butter and seasoning as best as you can.
- Pour half onto each prepared sheet tray and bake for 40 minuets, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Let cool fully and then store covered at room temperature for up to 3 weeks.