This Paleo Roasted Chicken with Figs and Olives is the perfect dinner! Easy, delicious, and done in less than an hour. Whole30, gluten free, and dairy free!
This is another recipe from The New Yiddish Kitchen. A couple weeks ago I shared these Paleo Creamsicle Macaroons that are so delicious, but I also wanted to share a savory dish. This meal does not disappoint!! It is so good that I made it 3 weeks in a row and my husband just requested it again! It’s easy and the flavors just go so well together. I absolutely love that cookbook and wish I could share 10 more recipes with you, but unfortunately I can’t.
You may think that figs, olives, and thyme are a weird combination, but I promise you- you’ll love the salty sweet mix. It is such a great way to switch up chicken that can sometimes get boring. If you’re anything like us- you’re always looking for new chicken recipes and this one is amazing!
The orignal recipe calls for a whole cut-up chicken, but I used all chicken thighs because they are our favorite. I threw everything in a 13×9 and baked it because I like to make things as easy as possible! I wrote the recipe as-is then wrote what I did differently in the notes. All the same flavors- just a little different method.
This meal is tasty and healthy. Whole30, gluten free, dairy free and now one of our favorite meals ever! You will love it and won’t feel like you’re missing out on flavor at all.
Here is a link one more time to the The New Yiddish Kitchen– it is such a great cookbook.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Pan Roasted Chicken with Figs and Olives
- 1 whole chicken cut up into 8 pieces (I used 8 chicken thighs)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1 cup sliced shallots about 2-3 medium
- 6 dried figs roughly chopped
- 1 cup kalamata olives
- 1 cup white wine or bone broth for Whole30
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 400° and place a large, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken all over with the salt and pepper.
- Add the oil to the skillet and swirl to coat. Once shimmering, add the chicken, skin side down and all it to sear for 5-10 minutes, or until the skin is brown.
- Flip and cook or 2-3 minutes on the other side. Remove to a platter.
- To the hot pan, add the shallots and figs and saute for 2-3 minutes, or until the shallots are golden brown.
- Add the olives, wine, and thyme sprigs and boil for a minute or so, scraping up any browned bits that may have stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Return the chicken to the pan, skin side up and place in the oven. Roast the chicken for 30 minutes, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°.
Leave a Comment