These Paleo Pumpkin Pop Tart Bars have a simple shortbread cookie filled with a creamy pumpkin filling. Topped with a sweet glaze, making them a delicious treat. They are vegan, dairy free and naturally sweetened.
I’ve made a few flavors of pop tarts this year that have been such a hit and I knew with it being fall that a pumpkin version needed to happen. Making these into bars instead of individual means they come together quickly and they are just as delicious! They are more simple than pumpkin pie and a great dessert to make if you’re a pumpkin lover. To be fair, I’ve never had the actual pumpkin Pop Tarts, but I’m confident that my version is just as good or even better. I shared them with friends and they all loved them 🙂
Pop Tart Layers
Shortbread layer- This layer is simple and a base recipe I use all the time. Almond and coconut flour are the base and it’s sweetened with maple syrup.
Pumpkin layer- I wanted this layer to taste like pumpkin pie and it truly does. The pumpkin is sweetened with some coconut sugar and pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon are used to make it taste like the pie you love. Cashew butter is added to help make it not too watery, or almond butter could also be used if preferred.
Frosting- The frosting is similar to what I use for most of my desserts, a mix of coconut butter (or manna), maple syrup, and a little water to thin it out. It’s sweet and just makes the best topping. Don’t skip this layer!
These bars are vegan since no eggs or animal products are used as well as being grain free and naturally sweetened. They will be loved by everyone though because they have the best flavor and texture.
These are great made ahead and kept in the fridge- chilled just like pumpkin pie is. They store great, covered, for up to 10 days.
I know you will love these paleo pumpkin pop tart bars because they are full of pumpkin flavor and spiced just right. Here are some more pop tart flavors to try:
- Paleo Vegan Brown Sugar Pop Tart Bars
- Vegan Paleo Chocolate Fudge Pop Tart Bars
- Paleo Vegan Strawberry Pop Tart Bars
- Vegan Paleo Blackberry Pop Tart Bars
Paleo Pumpkin Pop Tart Bars
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 9 inch square pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Make the pumpkin layer. In a small bowl combine pumpkin, coconut sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, cashew butter, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Make the shortbread. In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt, vanilla, maple syrup, and coconut oil. Stir together until it is well mixed and everything is incorporated evenly. Press 1/2 of the mixture into the bottom of the pan and then pumpkin mixture on top evenly. Top with remaining shortbread. The best way to do this is take small pieces and press flat and then lay on top, pressing the edge of each piece together as best as possible. Bake for 23-25 minutes, until golden brown around the edges. Let cool before frosting.
- Make the frsoting. Make sure the coconut butter is soft. You may need to microwave it for 30 seconds and stir first. In a small bowl, combine the coconut butter, maple syrup, vanilla, and water. Add the water as needed until smooth. Pour it over the bars and place in the fridge to set.
- Store covered in the fridge for up to 10 days.