These Paleo Oatmeal Cookie Bars have a coconut/almond mixture that gives the oatmeal texture while keeping them grain free. They are gluten free, dairy free and naturally sweetened.
These bars are super delicious and easy to make! I have a Paleo Oatmeal Raisin Cookie recipe which uses coconut as the "oatmeal" and I'm using the same idea here, but just in bar form and a lot easier. 🙂 I also think in general people like chocolate chips over raisins. I don't necessarily agree, but I understand.
Grain Free and Dairy Free Bars
Let's talk about the ingredients. Probably items you already have on hand.
- Unsweetened Shredded Coconut- this is what helps give them the oatmeal texture.
- Slivered Almonds- this is also what helps give them the oatmeal texture. They are processed down to a finer texture so they aren't so big. Sliced almonds would also work.
- Cashew Butter- this is my top choice. It adds so much richness and a buttery flavor. Almond butter would also work though if that's what you have. (Use code Jessica20 for 20% off your Georgia Grinders order)
- Ghee- gives a great buttery flavor. Butter flavored coconut oil will work for dairy free.
- Coconut Sugar- gives the bars sweetness naturally. Date sugar or maple sugar (not syrup) would work as well.
- Eggs- these help hold the bars together. I haven't tried a replacement, but flax eggs should work great here.
- Almond Flour- this can't be subbed for coconut flour, but
- Dairy Free Chocolate Chips- Santa Barbara is great and I love Hu Gems. Both coconut sugar sweetened. (Use code REALFOOD15 for a discount on Hu Gems)
Quick to Make
These are so quick to make. Using a food processor or blender to blend the coconut and almonds together is the most time consuming part and that just takes a minute. Then all the ingredients are mixed in one bowl, scooped into a pan and baked. They also store well if you want to make them ahead of time. They can be kept in the fridge up to 10 days or frozen up to three months.
They are soft, dense, and have a little bit of texture to them. When served warm the chocolate is melty and so good!
I know you will love these paleo oatmeal cookie bars because they are simple to make and so sweet and tasty. Here are some more cookie bars to try:
- Paleo Magic Cookie Bars
- Sugar Cookie Bars (Paleo)
- Paleo Cherry Chocolate Chip Bars
- Caramel Cashew Bars (Paleo)
Paleo Oatmeal Cookie Bars
- Preheat oven to 325° and line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper.
- Blend the coconut and almonds until small in texture, like oatmeal. Let sit until needed.
- Melt the cashew butter and ghee together. Add the coconut sugar, eggs, and vanilla and stir well until smooth. Add in the almond flour, "oatmeal" mixture and chocolate chips and stir until well combined. Scoop into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Top with more chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake 23-25 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned.
- Store covered at room temperate up to 2 days and then in the fridge if longer, up to 10 days.