These Paleo Peanut Butter Cookies use cashew butter in place of peanut butter to keep them legume free. They are chewy, soft and so tasty. Gluten free, dairy free, and naturally sweetened as well.
These cookies are miracle cookies because my daughter actually ate them! She doesn’t eat any of my desserts usually and I don’t mind, but she was very interested in these and asked to try one. I of course let her and was happy that she liked it 🙂 She has currently eaten 3 which is a record for desserts consumed!
Paleo Nut Butter
Obviously these don’t use peanut butter as that is actually a legume and not considered paleo. I went with cashew butter because it’s so rich and creamy and works so well here. Almond butter would also work, but use cashew if you have it.
These cookies come together super quickly! A hand mixer is used to make sure the ghee and cashew butter are mixed well, but they are ready for the oven in just minutes. I pressed them with my palm before baking, but doing the fork criss-cross will also work which is classic for peanut butter cookies. They don’t spread much so they can all fit on one pan and bake together.
These cookies may not look special since there are no chocolate chips or frosting, but don’t underestimate them! They are buttery (thanks to the cashew butter and ghee), soft, chewy and so irresistible! Once you try them, you will make them over and over.
I know you will love these paleo peanut butter cookies because they are just like the classic, but made grain free and naturally sweetened. Soft, chewy and delicious! Here are some more cookies to enjoy:
- Paleo Mexican Wedding Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies (Paleo)
- Soft Paleo Lemon Poppyseed Cookies
- Paleo Soft Pumpkin Cookies
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup ghee, room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 325° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the cashew butter and ghee with an hand mixer. Once combined, add in the coconut sugar and egg and beat again until smooth.
- Add in the almond flour, coconut flour, salt and baking soda and mix again until mixture is well combined. Remove the beaters, scraping off any that stuck to them.
- Scoop into 1 tablespoon balls, place on baking sheet and press down to 1/2 inch thick each. You can do a fork criss-cross here if you want. Bake for 12 minutes. Makes 16 cookies.
Leave a Comment