This Paleo Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Bread is easy to make and so delicious! Super rich chocolate flavor, a moist texture and perfectly sweetened. Gluten free, dairy free, egg free and naturally sweetened.
I think you will love this zucchini bread. I know zucchini is a fresh ingredient and grocery store trips are limited right now, but consider adding it to your list next time you go and whip up a batch of easy zucchini bread.
Paleo and Vegan Bread
This bread is paleo since maple is used as the sweetener and almond flour is used for the flour. Making it grain free and naturally sweetened. It is vegan since no animal products are used. 1 flax egg is used in place of chicken egg. This is easily made by mixing 1 tablespoons flax meal with 3 tablespoons water and letting it sit 5 minutes to thicken. This replaces the egg in the bread and helps hold it together.
The texture of this bread is great. Moist without being soggy and definitely not dry at all. You don't need to squeeze out the zucchini, that helps add nice moisture. And in case you've never had zucchini bread- the veggie is tasteless, it's all chocolate and sweetness. It reminded me of a cross between a brownie and chocolate cake- pretty darn good!
This bread use mainly pantry staples and of course zucchini which is the one fresh ingredients you need. Of course, let me know if you have any questions about substitutions in the comments. I’m always happy to help work with what you have on hand.
I know you will love this paleo vegan chocolate zucchini bread because it's easy to make, sweet, and moist. Here are some more zucchini recipes to enjoy:
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Paleo Lemon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Nut Free Paleo Zucchini Brownies
Paleo Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond butter, maple syrup, almond milk and flax egg. Stir until smooth. Add in the almond flour, cacao powder, salt, and baking soda and stir until well combined. Add in the zucchini and chocolate chips and stir again, mixing well.
- Spoon batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Slice and eat right away and store any leftovers covered in the fridge for up to a week.