These Paleo Vegan Dirt Pudding Cups are simple to make and such a fun treat. Creamy chocolate pudding topped with chocolate cookie crumbs and finished with gummy worms. They are gluten free, dairy free, and naturally sweetened.
Sweet Potato Chocolate Pudding
I know what you’re thinking- that sweet potato pudding is weird. You’re right. It’s untraditional, but I promise no one will be able to tell and it’s super delicious! My boyfriend said there was no hint of sweet potato and he will tell me his true thoughts on food.
You can bake the sweet potato in the oven until tender, time will be dependent on how big your sweet potato is, or you can microwave the sweet potato until tender. I used about 2 medium sweet potatoes to get 1 cup.
Making them Nut Free
These are easily made nut free. I used Simple Mills chocolate cookies for the crumbs on top, which do contain nuts. But you could use a nut free chocolate cookie. The first brand that comes to mind is Enjoy Life which is gluten free, but not paleo. But I think most importantly they should work for your dietary needs.
Healthy Gummy Worms
Are these gummy worms in the picture paleo? No, because they contain sugar. But they are naturally dyed and what I consider fine for an occasionally treat. There are a few different brands of healthier gummy works- Yum Earth, Black Forest Organic, and Surf Sweets are good options. If needing to keep them vegan, make sure the gummy worms you use don’t have gelatin.
You can make your own if you want to keep them strict paleo. Paleo Running Momma has a homemade version that will work great.
This recipe only makes 2 jars of pudding. You can definitely double or triple it if you want and keep them stored in the fridge. I used these 7oz clear glass jars with lids which worked perfectly for them. Any small glass jar will work, but I really loved the look of those and that they had lids that fit. Easy to grab and go for sharing!
I know you will love these paleo vegan dirt pudding cups because they’re simple, fun and a great chocolate treat. A classic made healthier. Here are some more recipes to try:
- Paleo Banana Pudding
- Vegan Paleo Blueberry Cheesecake Jars
- Paleo Oatmeal Cream Pies
- Sweet Potato Paleo Pecan Dessert Cups
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Vegan Chocolate Dirt Pudding Cups
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato, skin removed (266g)
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup crushed chocolate cookies, I used Simple Mills
- Natural Gummy Worms for topping
- In a high powered blender or food processor add the sweet potato, cacao powder, maple syrup, vanilla, salt and water. Blend until completely smooth. Spoon evenly into 2 small jars.
- Top each jar with cookie crumbs. Cover and place in the fridge for at least an hour to chill, but up to a week. Before serving, add a few gummy worms on top.
Leave a Comment