The Best Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies! The perfect taste and texture and no one will be able to tell they’re healthy! Gluten free, dairy free, and naturally sweetened. These are a must-make!
This post is sponsored on behalf of Bob’s Red Mill. All opinions are 100% my own, of course! Thank you for supporting brands that help make Real Food with Jessica possible!
These cookies were a labor of love. I tested and re-tested until they were absolutely perfect. I have had my fair share of mediocre paleo cookies and I didn’t want these to fall into that category. They need to be amazing and not taste one bit healthy! These cookies deliver in every way!
These cookies are soft, gooey, a little doughy in the middle and are packed with chocolate. They are buttery tasting from the ghee and sweet from the coconut sugar. They fill the house with that amazing, signature chocolate chip cookie smell which is an added bonus.
I usually get lots of questions about substitutions so I tried these with ghee, coconut oil, and grass-fed butter and they all came out great! Room temperature is key here though, don’t use any of them hard or the batter won’t mix properly.
The dough does need to chill before baking to make sure the cookies don’t spread too much (check the notes for a no-chill version). I usually make the dough one day and bake the cookies the next, but 1 hour in the fridge should be good in you’re in a hurry.
Texture is a big part of the perfect chocolate chip cookie and the mixture of almond flour and tapioca flour give the cookies the best texture. I use Bob’s Red Mill for both those flours because they are high quality and consistently good.
If you have been searching for the best paleo chocolate chip cookie- look no further- here it is. I hope you love them!
Here are some more cookies you will love: Paleo Easy Snickerdoodles, Paleo Butter Pecan Cookies, Paleo Homemade Tagalong Cookies, and Paleo Thin Mint Cookies.
*Pictures updated 6/2020 with a no-chill option added to the notes. Original recipe remains the same.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
The Best Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup ghee*, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill Tapioca Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips or chunks
- In a large bowl, combine ghee and coconut sugar until creamy and well mixed. Add in the egg and vanilla and stir well.
- Add in the almond flour, tapioca flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix well until no dry spots remain and batter is smooth. Fold in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350° and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and divide into 22 equal balls. Each ball should be about a heaping tablespoon. 11 will fit on each sheet. Roll each ball and evenly space them apart on the sheet. Add more chocolate chips on top if desired.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes. Let cool before removing them. They will be soft in the center until cool. Bake a couple extra minutes for a crunchier cookie.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days and in the fridge after that.
Leave a Comment