These Paleo Whole30 Blueberry Breakfast Sausages are a great way to switch-up your morning breakfast. Made with just 6 simple ingredients and so irresistible! Gluten free, dairy free, egg free and low fodmap.
I have been eating these sausages all week and I just made another batch because they are so good! The blueberries add the slightest bit of sweetness to them and the sage brings a nice savoriness.
I know so many people are looking for egg-free breakfasts and these are a great option! Easy to make, can be made ahead for the week, and will keep you full. Pair them with a side of veggies and you have an easy meal.
They come together so quickly. The mixture is made in just a few minutes and they are made into patties. They bake in the oven to keep things easy, but you could totally fry them in a pan for crispy outsides. I always get a little nervous with turkey and chicken that I won’t cook it long enough in a pan.
Fresh or Not
I made these multiple times to try out different options. Frozen and fresh blueberries both work the same. The ones in this picture were frozen and I used fresh the time before that. You can use fresh or dried sage. I like the subtleness of dried sage, but my husband loves the fresh. I’ll write measurements for both in the recipe.
Low FODMAP and Whole30
These are low fodmap which means no onion or garlic. Garlic oil and chives are used for added flavor. If you don’t need them to be low fodmap then feel free to use garlic and onion powder. They are Whole30 since there is no sweetener in them. Yay!
You will love these delicious, easy, portable breakfast patties.
Check out my other breakfast sausage recipe: Paleo Chicken Breakfast Sausage
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Whole30 Blueberry Breakfast Sausages
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried sage or 1 tablespoon fresh chopped sage
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion or chives
- 2 teaspoons garlic oil
- 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a sheet tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine turkey, salt, sage, chives, and garlic oil. Stir until everything is well combined. Add in blueberries and mix again.
- Divide into 8 equal portions. Place on sheet tray and roll into balls. Press slightly down forming a patty. Press blueberries back in as necessary.
- Bake 22-25 minutes, until completely cooked through.
Leave a Comment