These Paleo Whole30 Egg Potato Boats are a fun and filling breakfast. Packed with sausage, peppers, green onions and of course eggs. They are gluten free, dairy free, and low FODMAP.
I saw a video on Facebook of this idea, but it definitely wasn’t paleo. I thought it was a fun idea and used ingredients that work for us and they came out incredible!
They’re not the same as potato skins because instead of cutting the potato in half and scooping out, the top of the potato is cut off and scooped out. The result is a bigger area for filling with eggs.
Some tips to make these. They’re not hard, but a little more time consuming than some breakfasts.
- Choose the largest potatoes you can. I couldn’t find any that big, so I used about 10 medium potatoes. It still worked.
- These are so customizable! I used what we like, but use what you like. You’ll need 2 cups of cooked veggies and meat, so whatever you want in that measurement.
- Bake the potatoes a day ahead and scoop out. This makes baking them in the morning a lot quicker. You can also chop all the veggies ahead of time.
- Use the scooped out potatoes for mashed potatoes or any other way you’d like.
- I use Pederson’s sausage since it’s low FODMAP. Use any breakfast sausage you like or HERE is a homemade version (not low FODMAP).
These are good on their own, but also good dipped in some ranch. Potatoes and ranch are always a good combo!
These are a delicious breakfast that are worth the extra work. I hope you love them! They are so hearty and delicious.
Here are some more breakfasts you will like: Paleo Whole30 Sausage Potato Breakfast Casserole, Paleo Spaghetti Squash Casserole, and Paleo Whole30 BLT Egg Bake.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Whole30 Potato Egg Boats
- 8-10 large potatoes
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil
- 1 bell pepper, diced (not green if needing low FODMAP)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion, about 1 bunch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 9 oz paleo breakfast sausage
- 8 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375° and line a sheet tray with parchment paper. Wash the potatoes and poke them a couple times with a fork. Rub with a little avocado oil and place them on the sheet tray. Bake until tender, about 50-60 minutes. Let cool 10-15 minutes until cool enough to handle.
- Cut the top off the potato and scoop out the inside leaving just a little potato lining the skin. Place them in a 13x9 pan.
- While the potatoes are baking, make the filling. Add the garlic oil to a large skillet. Over medium heat, cook the pepper, green onion and salt until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the sausage and cook another 5 minutes. Mine was cooked so I was just warming it up. If it's raw then make sure it's cooked through.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and scramble. Add in the pepper and sausage mixture. Divide evenly between all the potatoes and cook 40 minutes or until eggs are set.
Leave a Comment