These Paleo Chocolate Brownie Muffins are so easy to make and incredibly delicious! Rich, moist, and packed with chocolate. They are gluten free, dairy free, naturally sweetened, and loved by everyone!
Chocolate Brownie Muffins – Yes! These muffins are like a cross between a rich, dense brownie and a moist, tender muffin. The texture is absolutely perfect and they are not cakey or dry at all. They have cacao powder and chocolate chips which means double chocolate-y goodness. You will love them!
I love chocolate, but that has not always been the case. For many years I avoided any chocolate treat, would choose the chocolate free version of a cookie, and always choose muffins with berries instead of chocolate. Then I saw a muffin at a little breakfast shop that was double chocolate and for some reason I had to try it. Whoa! It was good. It made me realize I do like chocolate, it just has to be amazing. Not dry or flavorless or overcooked.
That’s where the inspiration for these muffins came from. Now, of course, I eat grain free so there are no more muffins from the breakfast shop and I am okay with that. Homemade is always fun and knowing they are made with wholesome ingredients makes them even better!
I had to add this picture of my daughter. This is the face she gave me when I asked her to take a bite. She is not into treats 🙂
You will love how easy these are to make. The batter is mixed in one bowl and ready for the oven in just a few minutes. I always use parchment liners because paleo muffins tend to stick pretty bad and these peel off perfectly.
You will love these rich, sweet, chocolate-y muffins. They make a great snack or dessert. Enjoy!
Looking for more paleo muffins? Try these: Paleo Blueberry Muffins, Paleo Pecan Pie Muffins, and Paleo Pumpkin Muffins.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Chocolate Brownie Muffins
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted ghee
- 1/2 cup dairy free mini chocolate chips (plus additional for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a muffin pan with 10 parchment liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, cacao powder, coconut sugar, salt, and baking soda. Mix well. Add in the eggs, maple syrup, and ghee. Stir until well mixed and no dry spots remain. Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Evenly divide mixture between the 10 muffin liners. Top with additional chocolate chips and press them in slightly. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Can be kept covered at room temperature for 2 days, after that they need to be refrigerated.
Leave a Comment