These Gluten Free Chocolate Muffins are so easy to make and incredibly delicious! Rich, moist, and packed with chocolate. They are paleo, dairy free, naturally sweetened, and loved by everyone!
These muffins are like a cross between a rich, dense brownie and a moist, tender muffin. The texture is absolutely perfect and they are not cakey or dry at all. They have cacao powder and chocolate chips which means double chocolate-y goodness. They are sure to become a favorite!
Ingredients in chocolate muffins
These muffins are grain free and dairy free, here the key ingredients.
Almond flour- my favorite grain free flour because it gives the best end result for baked goods, moist and tender.
Cacao powder- a ¼ cup is used to make these truly a chocolate lovers treat.
Coconut sugar- the main sweetener. This can be subbed for another granulated sweetener, but not a liquid one.
Eggs- These add moisture and help bind the muffins together.
Maple syrup- this gives a little additional sweetness as well as moisture. Honey could be used as well.
Dairy free chocolate chips- these are needed for an indulgent muffin. There are so many varieties of dairy free chocolate, use your favorite!
Making gluten free muffins
These are so easy these are to make. The batter is mixed in one bowl and ready for the oven in just a few minutes. Combine the dry ingredients together and then add the wet ingredients, stir well and scoop into the muffin liners.
Parchment liners are best to use because paleo muffins tend to stick pretty bad and these peel off perfectly.
Storing chocolate muffins
These are best stored covered in the fridge, just like most paleo baked goods as they tend to go bad quicker than traditional treats. They will last a week in the fridge, but they also freeze great and can be stored that way as well.
You will love these rich, sweet, gluten free chocolate muffins. They make a great snack or dessert and here are more muffins to try:
- Paleo Blueberry Muffins
- Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins
- Paleo Pecan Pie Muffins
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
- Coffee Cake Muffins
Gluten Free Chocolate Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a muffin pan with 10 parchment liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, cacao powder, coconut sugar, salt, and baking soda. Mix well. Add in the eggs, maple syrup, and ghee. Stir until well mixed and no dry spots remain. Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Evenly divide mixture between the 10 muffin liners. Top with additional chocolate chips and press them in slightly. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Can be kept covered at room temperature for 2 days, after that they need to be refrigerated.