This Paleo Whole30 Sweet and Sour Sauce is so delicious, easy, and the perfect balance of sweet and savory. Sweetened only with fruit and made in less than 30 minutes- you will love it!
This sauce is so good! I recently made it specially for Paleo Egg Roll in a Bowl, but I’ve also used it for Sweet and Sour Chicken and it’s amazing like that too. It’s completely sweetened with fruit and is the perfect balance of sweet and savory.
You will love how easy it is- all the ingredients are added to one pan, cooked then blended.
This isn’t quite as smooth as the store bought version, but that can easily be changed by adding more water when blending it. We kind of like a little thick with texture- it’s personal preference though!
It’s delicious, it’s easy, and it’s a sauce I know I’ll be making over and over! I think you’ll love it, too!
Here are a few other Whole30 sauces that are popular- Paleo Ketchup, Paleo Mayo, and Paleo Ranch.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Whole30 Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 large onion, diced
- coconut oil for cooking- about 1 tablespoon
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2-3/4 cup water or bone broth
- 1 8oz can crushed pineapple in juice, not syrup
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 dates
- In a medium sauce pan, cook onion in coconut oil until tender- about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper, water, pineapple, tomato paste, coconut aminos, and dates.
- Cook for 10 minutes, then take it off the heat and blend using an immersion blender. Alternatively, you can blend it in a blender or food processor. A hand immersion blender is the easiest though. Add more water if needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week.
Leave a Comment