This Paleo Crispy Baked Chicken is so simple, delicious, and a meal the whole family will love! Gluten free, dairy free, and mouthwatering good!
I love reading other blogs and definitely get inspired by them. When I saw this recipe on Cookies and Cups I thought the idea was great, but of course wanted to make it paleo. I was discussing it with my husband and he said I had to use Simple Mills crackers- our newest obsession. That was a very good idea! I used the Sundried Tomato Basil flavor and this chicken was so delicious!
This is not a sponsored post, but I thought I’d tell you more about these crackers in case you’re not familiar with them. They’re grain free/paleo, dairy free (except the cheddar), and so good! They come in a few different flavors and I’m sure they would all work for this recipe. They can be found in the cracker aisle at health food stores, on Amazon, or Thrive Market. If you have a different favorite gluten free or paleo cracker then feel free to use that.
The crushed crackers make the chicken so crispy, then it is topped with ghee and baked. You may think the ghee would make the crackers soggy, but it doesn’t at all! It adds richness and moisture and is kind of magical 🙂
One important thing to make sure is to use chicken that is even in size. A lot of breasts have a thick side and thin side and this will result in uneven coking. You can buy cutlets, cut your breasts in half (like butterfly, but all the way), or pound them out to be even.
This is best served the day it’s baked. If there are any leftovers, they are best reheated in the oven. This helps the crackers crisp back up.
You will love this chicken because it is easy and flavorful! Crunchy on the outside, juicy on the inside, and so perfect! Serve it with a side of veggies for a complete meal. Enjoy!
More paleo chicken recipes: Paleo Whole30 Chicken Tenders, Paleo Chicken Nuggets, and Paleo Chicken Salad.
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Paleo Crispy Baked Chicken
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 box Simple Mills Sundried Tomato Basil crackers crushed (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts about 6
- 1/3 cup ghee
- Preheat oven to 375° get out a 13×9 pan.
- Set up your work station: place the coconut flour in a small bowl, the eggs in another small bowl, and the crackers and almond flour in a medium bowl combined (stir to mix together). Beat the eggs. It’s best to use bowls that are flat on the bottom and big enough for the pieces of chicken.
- Coat each chicken breast in the coconut flour, then the eggs, then the cracker mixture. Gently press the crackers on the chicken to help them stick.
- Place the chicken in the pan and repeat with remaining pieces.
- Evenly dollop ghee on the chicken and bake 25-30 minutes.
- Best served immediately. Any leftovers are best warmed up in the oven.
Leave a Comment