This Paleo Whole30 Berry Chicken Salad is the perfect summer meal! Easy to make and great over lettuce for a nice cold lunch. Gluten free, dairy free and low FODMAP.
My paleo chicken salad is great and super popular, but I needed a new one to be low FODMAP and also I love making new recipes. The old one has grapes and apples in it, both of which aren't low FODMAP, but strawberries and blueberries are though so I knew I wanted to use those fruits.
This salad is super easy to make and can be made with baked chicken or a store bought rotisserie. I used my homemade paleo mayo, but I used avocado oil to make it this time. There are also a couple great brands of store bought mayo, like Primal Kitchen, that make this recipe even easier. Totally your choice.
I usually don't like nuts in my chicken salad, but I was feeling like this needed a little crunch and some chopped pecans were the perfect addition.
You will love this berry chicken salad because it is so easy, great for the summer, and so healthy! Juicy berries, moist chicken, and salty crunchy pecans make this irresistible! Here are some more salads to try:
Paleo Whole30 Berry Chicken Salad
- 2 pounds cooked chicken cut into bite size pieces. About 4 cups.
- 1 pound strawberries chopped (2 cups)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup paleo mayo
- ¼ cup chives
- ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- Chopped pecans for topping
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, strawberries, blueberries, mayo, chives, and salt. Stir gently until everything is evenly coated.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve over lettuce (if desired) and top with pecans right before serving.